DOB – October 11, 2005,
PLACE OF BIRTH – Belfast
ROLE – Wicketkeeper Batter
BATTING STYLE – Right-hand Bat
TEAMS – Ireland Under-19s, Ireland, Typhoons

Amy Hunter for Ireland. PC: Female Cricket
Amy Hunter for Ireland. PC: Female Cricket

Bio:-

Amy Hunter, an outstanding talent in Irish cricket, represents both the Dragons and the national team. Her breakthrough came in October 2021, when on her 16th birthday, she became the youngest cricketer ever to score an ODI century, earning recognition as the Irish Times/Sport Ireland Sportswoman. She made her T20I debut on May 24, 2021 against Scotland.

Hunter’s success continued into January 2024 when she notched her maiden T20I century in 66 balls with 13 fours and a six, resulting in a 57-run victory for Ireland, becoming the first Irish woman and the third player overall to achieve centuries in both T20I and ODI formats, being the youngest player to record centuries in both white-ball formats at the international stage. She also became the third-youngest player to score a hundred in women’s T20. Following the T20 series against Zimbabwe, she established the record for most runs in a T20 series for Ireland, scoring a total of 240 runs in 5 innings. She was awarded the prestigious accolade of ICC Player of the Month for January 2024 for her outstanding performances in both ODIs and T20Is.

In ODIs, she has accumulated 540 runs in 22 innings with an unbeaten 121 as her highest score, including three half-centuries, and maintains an average of 27.36. In T20Is, she has amassed 744 runs in 28 innings with an unbeaten 101 as her highest score, including two half-centuries, and boasts an average of 31.00 with a strike rate of 110.71.

Also Read:  All You Need to know about Women's U19 Tri-Nation Series between Australia, England and Sri Lanka
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here