Match 2: Pakistan v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The second ODI of the three-match series between Pakistan and Sri Lanka will be played on June 3 at the Southend Club Cricket Stadium in Karachi. Pakistan lead the series 1-0.

Match 2: Pakistan v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Head-to-Head

Pakistan and Sri Lanka have played 31 ODIs against each other with Pakistan winning 10 and Sri Lanka winning 21.

Squads

Pakistan: Bismah Maroof (captain), Aiman Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Anam Amin, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Ghulam Fatima, Gull Feroza, Muneeba Ali Siddiqui, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz.

Sri Lanka: Chamari Athapaththu (c), Hasini Perera, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Imesha Dulani, Prasadani Weerakkody, Nilakshi de Silva, Kavisha Dilhari, Ama Kanchana, Achini Kulasuriya, Inoka Ranaweera, Udeshika Prabodhani, Sugandika Kumari, Sachini Nisansala, Oshadhi Ranasinghe, Anushka Sanjeewani

Players to watch

Sidra Ameen:

The right-handed opening batter of Pakistan led the run chase from the front against Sri Lanka in her last match. She mustered 76 runs off 119 balls, including seven boundaries. She stitched a 143-run partnership with captain Bismah Maroof for the second wicket to help her team register an eight-wicket win.

Ghulam Fatima:

The wily leg spinner won the player of the match in her last outing against Sri Lanka. She bowled 10 overs and conceded just 21 runs. In the process, she bowled a couple of maiden overs and scalped four wickets. She was the most successful and most economical bowler for Pakistan.

Kavisha Dilhari: 

The right-handed middle order batter of Sri Lanka top scored with 49 runs off 50 balls in her last match against Pakistan. In her unbeaten innings she struck five boundaries and a six. She steered her side to a respectable score of 169.

Also Read:  Match 1: Pakistan v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Achini Kulasuriya:

The right arm slow medium pace bowler for Sri Lanka claimed 1-13 in five overs, including two maidens in her last game against Pakistan. She opened the bowling from the other end and bowled tight lines and lengths in the powerplay.

Pitch

In the last match that was played here, close to 240 runs were scored and a total of 12 wickets fell. Spinners dominated the show. The team batting second won the match. The wicket is expected to offer a good contest between bat and ball as there will be something for both the departments.

Weather

The weather is expected to be windy and very warm with hazy sunshine. The average temperature will be around 36 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is no chance of rain and no cloud cover. The wind will blow from the west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Muneeba Ali, Hasini Perera, Nilakshi de Silva, Sidra Ameen, Bismah Maroof, Chamari Athapaththu, Fatima Sana, Kavisha Dilhari, Ghulam Fatima, Sadia Iqbal, Achini Kulasuriya

Match details

Date: June 3, 2022

Time: 10.00am IST

Venue: Southend Club Cricket Stadium, Karachi

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here