Chamari Athapaththu to lead Sri Lanka in 3 ODI and 3 T20Is in Pakistan

On May 11, Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) announced a 15-member squad for their upcoming tour to Pakistan. Sri Lanka will tour Pakistan for a three match T20I series followed by a three-match ODI series to be played from May 24 to June 5. All the matches will be played in Karachi. The Chamari Athapaththu-led side will depart on May 19.

Sri Lanka Women's Cricket Team in Qualifiers
Sri Lanka Women’s Cricket Team

Squad: Chamari Athapaththu (c), Hasini Perera, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Imesha Dulani, Prasadani Weerakkody, Nilakshi de Silva, Kavisha Dilhari, Ama Kanchana, Achini Kulasuriya, Inoka Ranaweera, Udeshika Prabodhani, Sugandika Kumari, Sachini Nisansala, Oshadhi Ranasinghe, Anushka Sanjeewani

Squad Profile

Chamari Athapaththu: The captain of Sri Lanka is the leading run getter across ODIs and T20Is for the team. The left handed opening batter has close to 4500 international runs, including six centuries and 18 half-centuries. Apart from her batting, she is more than a handy right arm off spinner. She has bagged 53 international wickets.

Hasini Perera: The left handed batter has been playing international cricket since 2014. She has featured in 73 fixtures and mustered more than 800 international runs. She is one of the experienced campaigners in the side.

Harshitha Samarawickrama: She is a left handed batter, who has played 13 ODIs and 17 T20Is for Sri Lanka since her debut in 2016. She has registered 479 international runs, including one half-century. She can also roll her arm over to bowl right arm slow medium.

Imesha Dulani: She is a right handed batter who is yet to make her international debut for Sri Lanka. She last played against Netherlands in 2021 during the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup Qualifiers.

Prasadani Weerakkody: She is a left handed batter and wicket-keeper, who has been international cricket for Sri Lanka since 2010. She has 80 international matches under her belt and more than 1200 runs, including a couple of half-centuries. Behind the stumps, she has 74 dismissals.

Also Read:  Kavisha Dilhari

Nilakshi de Silva: She is an all-rounder who has featured in 62 international matches for Sri Lanka since her debut in 2013. The right handed batter has scored 627 runs and claimed 15 wickets.

Kavisha Dilhari: This young all-rounder is a right handed batter and a right arm off spinner. She made her international debut in 2018 and since then featured in 17 international games. She has a healthy average of 29 in ODIs and has picked up eight international wickets.

Ama Kanchana: She is a talented all-rounder who has been around at the international level since 2013. In her 64 international appearances, she has recorded close to 450 runs and 36 wickets. She is a right handed batter and a right arm seamer.

Achini Kulasuriya: She is a left handed batter and a right arm seamer. She has been a part of 21 international matches for Sri Lanka since her debut in 2015. She has mustered 38 runs and accounted for 10 wickets.

Inoka Ranaweera: She is a wily left arm spinner who has been playing international cricket for Sri Lanka since 2012. She has more than 100 international wickets to her name and has played more than 100 international matches under her belt.

Udeshika Prabodhani: She will be the leader of the Sri Lankan bowling attack. This left arm speedster has accounted for 81 international wickets in 131 matches to date and bowls at a miserly economy of under five in ODIs and under six in T20Is.

Sugandika Kumari: She is a slow left arm spinner who has been a part of 62 international matches for Sri Lanka since her debut in 2015. She has bagged 45 wickets and is known for her disciplined lines and lengths. She also bats left-handed.

Sachini Nisansala: This left arm spinner made her T20I debut in 2021. She has featured in four matches and picked up three wickets. She is yet to make her ODI debut.

Also Read:  Match 2: Pakistan v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Oshadhi Ranasinghe: She is a left handed batter and a right arm seamer who has been playing international cricket for Sri Lanka since 2011. She has close to 500 runs, including one half century and has 48 wickets to her name.

Anushka Sanjeewani: She is a right handed batter and wicket-keeper. She made her international debut in 2014 and since then played 48 matches. She has 589 international runs to her credit, including one half century and 15 dismissals behind the stumps.

Schedule: Sri Lanka Women’s tour of Pakistan, 2022

Date Time (IST) Match Venue
May 24, 2022 2.30 pm 1st T20I  

Southend Club Cricket Stadium, Karachi

May 26, 2022 2.30 pm 2nd T20I
May 28, 2022 2.30 pm 3rd T20I
June 1, 2022 10.00 am 1st ODI
June 3, 2022 10.00 am 2nd ODI
June 5, 2022 10.00 am 3rd ODI

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here