Alyssa Healy Plays Her 100th T20 International For Australia

Star Aussie batter and wicketkeeper Alyssa Healy joined the club of players who have played 100 T20 internationals for their country.

Alyssa Healy eyes West indies tour
Alyssa Healy. Pic Credits: Cricket Australia

She represented Australia in her 100th T20I game against Sri Lanka women at home. She becomes only the second player after Ellyse Perry to achieve this feat for Australia. She thus becomes the 9th women player to play in 100 T20 internationals.

The 2nd T20I between the Southern Stars and Sri Lanka women was played in North Sydney Oval, Australia.

In her 100th match, Healy scored 21 out of 15 balls before getting out to a stunning catch from de Silva who ran from mid-on and dived full length to catch the ball. Healy also hit 2 fours and 1 maximum during her stay at the crease. Australia chased the score comfortably with 10 overs to spare.

Healy, who made her T20I debut as a 19-year-old in 2010, has been one of the consistent players for the Australian side. She was also the ICC T20I Player of the Year last year. In the last edition of Women’s T20 World Cup held in the Caribbean, she was the Player of the Series.

It is indeed a great achievement to have played 100 T20 games for your country. We congratulate Alyssa Healy on her achievement and hope that she plays more games and continues to entertain the crowd.

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  Alyssa Healy declared Player of the Tournament in World Cup 2022
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here