2nd T20I: South Africa vs Sri Lanka | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Hosts South Africa registered a thumping win over Sri Lanka in the 1st of 3 Twenty20 Internationals to kick off the series. With the series on the line, Sri Lanka faces a must-win in the 2nd T20I at 5:30 PM Indian Standard Time (IST), on the 30th of March, 2024, at Senwes Park, Potchefstroom.

Senwes Park, Potchefstroom.
Senwes Park, Potchefstroom.

Squads:

South Africa – Laura Wolvaardt (C), Anneke Bosch, Tazmin Brits, Nadine de Klerk, Annerie Dercksen, Sinalo Jafta, Marizanne Kapp, Ayabonga Khaka, Masabata Klaas, Suné Luus, Eliz-Mari Marx, Karabo Meso, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Tumi Sekhukhune, Chloé Tryon

Sri Lanka – Chamari Athapaththu (C), Vishmi Gunaratne, Nilakshi de Silva, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Kavisha Dilhari, Hasini Perera, Anushka Sanjeewani, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Udeshika Prabodhani, Inoka Ranaweera, Achini Kulasuriya, Hansima Karunaratne, Imesha Dulani, Kawya Kavindi, Inoshi Fernando, Sugandika Kumari, Prasadini Weerakkody

Players to watch out:

Marizanne Kapp

The 34-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, from 84 innings, has amassed 1379 runs, while striking 80 wickets from 89 outings, with respective bests of 80 and 4/6. Continuing her excellent form from a T20 campaign in India, Marianne notched up a 40-ball 60 and returned figures of 1/8 (2) in the T20I opener. She’ll be banked upon for all-round efforts.

Tumi Sekhukhune

The 25-year-old pacer, from 30 T20I outings, has scalped 31 wickets, with the best of 3/20, at an average of 19.80 and an economy rate of 6.71. In the lead-up to the series, Tumi was in notable form in domestic games and building on it, produced figures of 2/25 (3) in the series opener. It’ll be hoped she continues to lead the tally.

Also Read:  Tahlia McGrath's fifty guides Australia to a 6-wicket win over host South Africa

Hasini Perera

The 28-year-old middle-order batter has accumulated 649 runs, including the highest of 46*, from 66 T20I appearances. Hasini top-scored in the 2024 domestic games earlier this year, adding 121 runs to the tally from only 4 games. Carrying forward the momentum, she registered an 18-ball 30 in the T20I opener, and it’ll be expected of her to extend this run of form.

Inoshi Fernando

The 37-year-old off-spinner, from 16 T20Is, has bagged 17 wickets, including the best of 4/10, maintaining an economy rate of 6.35. Inoshi has excelled in the format, especially since 2023, and in the T20I opener this series finished with figures of 1/25 (3). She also had a decent domestic campaign, and it’ll be hoped she delivers the goods.

Pitch:

The Senwes Park wicket poses a challenge for batters to score with ease, and the average score in the 110s attests to this fact. Bowlers, especially spinners, play a crucial role in dictating the game’s outcome.

Weather:

The conditions at Potchefstroom are expected to be pleasant for cricket, with no anticipated rain interruptions and clear sunny skies. The temperature will be around 27°C, with light winds and a humidity level of 53%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Anushka Sanjeewani, Laura Wolvaardt, Tazmin Brits, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Hasini Perera, Chamari Athapaththu, Marizanne Kapp, Nadine de Klerk, Chloé Tryon, Tumi Sekhukhune, Achini Kulasuriya

Match details:

Date – March 30, 2024

Time – 5:30 PM IST

Venue – Senwes Park, Potchefstroom

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on the FanCode app and website.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here