Ireland Women announce replacement for injured Una Raymond-Hoey

In a recent development for the Ireland women’s cricket team, Sarah Forbes has been called up to replace the injured Una Raymond-Hoey for the upcoming 2nd and final Twenty20 International (T20I) of the ongoing series against Sri Lanka. The change comes after Raymond-Hoey sustained an injury during the series opener, the 1st T20I.

Sarah Forbes, a 21-year-old from Pembroke, makes her return to the international scene after her debut in 2022. Having played one T20I and three One-Day Internationals (ODIs), Forbes is known for her classical batting technique and has shown promise in domestic games. Though she hasn’t had much success in the ODIs, with a total of 12 runs, Forbes has impressed with her solid fielding and useful off-spin capabilities, though it is her batting that has earned her the spot in the senior squad.

Ed Joyce, Head Coach of Ireland women, expressed his disappointment over Raymond-Hoey’s injury, saying: “We’re all gutted for Una, who has put in a tremendous effort to return to international cricket. Our priority right now is to assess her injury and determine the best course of action moving forward.”

Joyce continued, “Sarah has been added to the T20I squad this afternoon. Over the past year, she has significantly developed her game, becoming adept at hitting the ball powerfully and strategically across the field. We are eager to see her in action and how she performs if selected.”

To place your bets and earn real money, click on the image and sign up now:

Stake Cricket Banner

Forbes made her international debut against South Africa in June 2022 in Dublin. Known for her technical proficiency and emerging power-hitting abilities, she has shown potential and is now set to contribute to the T20I series. Her addition to the squad highlights the depth of talent available to Ireland and provides an exciting opportunity for Forbes to make a mark on the international stage.

Also Read:  Chamari Athapaththu's all-round performance helps Sri Lanka avoid a whitewash in the ODI series against Ireland

As the team prepares for the series decider, following Sri Lanka’s commanding win in the 1st T20I, all eyes will be on Forbes to see how she adapts and performs in this new role, while Raymond-Hoey’s recovery remains a key focus for the squad, especially with the ODIs to follow.

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Sierra Leone Women’s National Cricket Team Belize Women’s National Cricket Team Namibia Women’s National Cricket Team Profile
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket