1st T20I: Ireland vs England | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Following England’s 2-1 One-Day International (ODI) series win over hosts Ireland, the series moves to its 2nd and final leg for the 2-match Twenty20 International (T20I) series. The T20I opener will be played at Castle Avenue, Dublin, on the 14th of September 2024, at 7:30 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

1st T20I Ireland vs England
1st T20I Ireland vs England

Squads:

Ireland – Gaby Lewis (C), Ava Canning, Christina Coulter Reilly, Sarah Forbes, Amy Hunter, Arlene Kelly, Aimee Maguire, Jane Maguire, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Una Raymond-Hoey, Freya Sargent, Rebecca Stokell, Alice Tector

England – Kate Cross (C), Georgia Adams, Hollie Armitage, Hannah Baker, Tammy Beaumont, Mahika Gaur, Ryana MacDonald-Gay, Charis Pavely, Paige Scholfield, Seren Smale, Bryony Smith, Mady Villiers, Issy Wong

Players to watch out:

Orla Prendergast

The 22-year-old all-rounder, in T20Is, has amassed 1034 runs from 52 outings, at a strike rate of 117.23, while claiming 31 wickets from 42 innings, at an economy rate of 5.62. Orla registered scores of 29 and 38 in her recent T20I series against Sri Lanka and also claimed two wickets. She has been among the runs and wickets in this series as well and can be counted on for the goods.

Freya Sargent

The 18-year-old off-spinner has taken 6 wickets from 7 T20Is, including the best of 2/36, maintaining an economy rate of 5.84. Freya produced figures of 1/27 and 2/36 in the 2-match T20I series against Sri Lanka, and carrying the momentum into this series, she has taken 5 wickets from 3 ODIs against England. Given her form, she can be relied upon for breakthroughs.

Also Read:  3rd ODI: Ireland vs England | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Hollie Armitage

The 27-year-old middle-order batter has racked up 323 runs in the 2024 domestic T20 competition, at an average of 35.88 and a strike rate of 115.77, from 10 outings. Hollie, in her T20I debut earlier this year, her only game in this format, departed for 1. However, in this series on ODI debut, she registered scores of 44, 19, and 15. She has been among the runs and can be banked upon to lead the scoring.

Mahika Gaur

The 18-year-old left-arm pacer, maintaining an economy rate of 5.46, has secured 10 wickets from 20 T20I outings and recorded the best of 3/21. Mahika featured in only 6 domestic games this summer before opting out due to an injury, but was outstanding in those games, securing 8 wickets. She is a seasoned pacer, and it is hoped she hits her best straightaway.

Pitch:

The center wicket at Castle Avenue provides significant assistance to bowlers, especially the pacers, leading to an average score in the 90s. Batters have encountered difficulties in scoring freely on this wicket; however, if they remain disciplined, they can post a competitive total.

Weather:

The conditions in Dublin are ideal, as the chances of rain are minimal despite mostly cloudy skies. The temperature is forecast to hover around 18°C, with moderate winds and humidity at 74%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Tammy Beaumont, Amy Hunter, Gaby Lewis, Paige Scholfield, Hollie Armitage, Orla Prendergast, Georgia Adams, Arlene Kelly, Ryana MacDonald-Gay, Kate Cross, Freya Sargent

Match details:

Date – September 14, 2024

Time – 7:30 PM IST

Also Read:  Meg Lanning responds to Issy Wong's comments ahead of Ashes 2023

Venue – Castle Avenue, Dublin

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on the FanCode app and website.

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Namibia Women’s National Cricket Team Profile Mozambique Women’s National Cricket Team Profile Mali Women’s National Cricket Team Profile
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket