Squads for South Africa tour of India announced, Taniya Bhatia, Shikha Pandey and Ekta Bisht Dropped!

The South African women’s tour of India is upon us and very soon we will get to see our Women in Blue back in action. After a long pandemic-induced hiatus, fans will get to see a face-off between South Africa and India.

South Africa Wins ODI Series 3-0 over Pakistan. PC: Cricket South Africa / Twitter
South Africa Wins ODI Series 3-0 over Pakistan. PC: Cricket South Africa / Twitter

The South African women’s team has announced a squad of 17 members for both the ODI as well as the T20I series scheduled to begin from the 7th of March. South Africa has retained the squad which competed against Pakistan last month and won the ODI series 3-0 and the T20I series 2-1. Unfortunately, they will miss the services of Chloe Tryon and Dane van Niekerk who continue to deal with injuries, and Masabata Klaas, the only absentee from the squad that played Pakistan.

Expressing his excitement and commenting on the challenges, Head coach Hilton Moreeng said, “It is really exciting to finally have this tour confirmed and announce our squad that will do duty here in India, and we are looking forward to getting out there to see our ladies prove themselves under different playing conditions. India is always a wonderful place to tour and we are looking forward to the challenge that lies ahead.”

Coming to the Indian team, they will be back after last playing an international match on 8th March 2020 and will look to put their best foot forward in the upcoming series. BCCI has announced two separate squads for the ODI and T20I series with Shikha Pandey, Veda Krishnamurthy, Ekta Bisht, and Taniya Bhatia being the notable absentees from both squads.

Also Read:  Stats Analysis | Top Performers Women's Caribbean League 2022

South Africa squad –

Sune Luus (Captain), Ayabonga Khaka, Shabnim Ismail, Laura Wolvaardt, Trisha Chetty, Sinalo Jafta, Tasmin Britz, Marizanne Kapp, Nondumiso Shangase, Lizelle Lee, Anneke Bosch, Faye Tunniclife, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Mignon du Preez, Nadine de Klerk, Lara Goodall, Tumi Sekhukhune

India squad for the ODI series-

Mithali Raj (Captain), Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Punam Raut, Priya Punia, Yastika Bhatia, Harmanpreet Kaur, D. Hemalatha, Deepti Sharma, Sushma Verma, Swetha Verma, Radha Yadav, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Jhulan Goswami, Mansi Joshi, Poonam Yadav, C. Prathyusha, Monica Patel.

India squad for the T20I series-

Harmanpreet Kaur (Captain), Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Deepti Sharma, Richa Ghosh, Harleen Deol, Sushma Verma, Nuzhat Parveen, Ayushi Soni, Arundhati Reddy, Radha Yadav, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Poonam Yadav, Mansi Joshi, Monica Patel, C. Prathyusha, Simran Dil Bahadur.

Schedule-

ODI series

1st ODI – March 7
2nd ODI – March 9
3rd ODI – March 12
4th ODI – March 14
5th ODI – March 17

T20I series

1st T20I – March 20
2nd T20I – March 21
3rd T20I – March 23

Loves all things female cricket