Which 4 Players made Test debut for South Africa against Australia Women?

The South African team led by skipper Laura Wolvaardt is touring Australia for an all-format series that includes a three-match T20I series followed by a three-match ODI series and then a one-off Test match. The tour commenced on 27th January 2024. The home side Australia clinched the ODI and the T20I series and is leading the multi-format series by an 8-4 margin. The one-off Test match commenced on 15th February 2024. It will be a historic encounter for both sides Australia and South Africa as it will be their first-ever face-off in the red-ball format. 4 Players made a Test Debut for South Africa against Australia.

South Africa Women's Team. PC: Getty
South Africa Women’s Team. PC: Getty

Players to make their debut for South Africa in a one-off Test match against Australia.

Tazmin Brits

The 33-year-old opening batter made her international debut on 19th May 2018 in a T20I against Bangladesh. She has played 48 matches and scored 1138 runs at a strike rate of 104.69 and an average of 31.61 in 45 innings. Her tally of runs includes nine half-centuries. Her best performance with the bat in the format came on 1st September 2023 when she scored 78 runs at a strike rate of 121.87 against Pakistan.

As far as the ODIs are concerned, she made her ODI debut on 26th January 2021 against Pakistan. She has played 24 matches and scored 581 runs at a strike rate of 67.55 and an average of 24.20 in 24 innings. Her tally of runs includes one half-century and a century. She is all set to make her red-ball debut in a historic Test match against Australia.

Also Read:  SWOT Analysis of South Africa Squad selected for ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2023

Delmi Tucker

The 26-year-old all-rounder made her International debut on 11th June 2022 in an ODI against Ireland. She has played 7 matches and scored 53 runs with the bat in three innings in the ODI format. She has also picked up three wickets in 6 innings with the ball in the ODI format. As far as the T20I format is concerned, she has played 14 matches, scored 50 runs in 10 innings with the bat, and picked up three wickets with the ball in 12 innings. She is one of the four debutants for South Africa.

Masabata Klaas

The 33-year-old veteran pacer has already established herself as one of the crucial members in the Proteas pace attack in the white-ball format. She made her international debut on 6th October 2010 in an ODI against Sri Lanka. She has played 70 matches and picked up 68 wickets in 68 innings at an average of 32 and an economy of 4.90 in the ODI format. Her best performance with the ball came in the recently concluded ODI series against Australia when she returned with the match figures (4/56) in her nine-over spell in the 3rd ODI. However, it ended in a losing cause.

As far as the T20I format is concerned, she has played 63 matches and picked up 41 wickets at an average of 32.82 and an economy of 7.66 in 59 innings. Her best performance with the ball came on 21st January 2023 when she returned with match figures of (4/21) in her spell against the West Indies. She finally gets her much-awaited opportunity in the red-ball format against Australia.

Also Read:  1st T20I: Australia vs South Africa | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Ayanda Hlubi

The 19-year-old pacer made her international debut on 8th December 2023 in a T20I against Bangladesh. She picked up a couple of wickets and returned with match figures (2/15) in her spell on her debut. She also made her ODI debut in the 2nd ODI of the recently concluded ODI series against Australia. She picked up a couple of wickets and returned with match figures (2/41) in her spell. Courtesy of her impressive performances in recent times, she earned a call-up and her debut cap in the red-ball format for South Africa at the age of 19.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here