South Africa Women’s Squad for historic one-off Test match against Australia announced

South Africa led by skipper Laura Wolvaardt lost the T20I series, however, they sealed a historic, maiden victory in the three-match T20I format against Australia. The ongoing three-match ODI series is leveled 1-1. The 3rd and final ODI of the series, the series decider will take place on 10th February 2024 before the caravan moves onto the red-ball format. The one-off Test match will get underway on 15th February 2024 and conclude on 18th February 2024 from 8:00 am IST at the W.A.C.A. Ground in Perth.

It will be South Africa’s maiden red-ball test against Australia. They last played a Test match, it was against England in June 2022 which eventually ended in a draw. The South African team led by skipper Laura Wolvaardt has announced their squad for the historic Test match.

South Africa Women's Squad for historic one-off Test match against Australia announced. PC: Getty
South Africa Women’s Squad for historic one-off Test match against Australia announced. PC: Getty

South African squad for the one-off Test against Australia:

Laura Wolvaardt ©, Anneke Bosch, Tazmin Brits, Nadine de Klerk, Mieke De Ridder, Ayanda Hlubi, Sinalo Jafta, Marizanne Kapp, Masabata Klaas, Sune Luus, Eliz-mari Marx, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Chloe Tryon, and Delmi Tucker.

There are as many as six debutants in the squad for South Africa.

Tazmin Brits, Laura Wolvaardt, Nadine de Klerk, Marizanne Kapp, and Sune Luus are some of the players to watch out for.

Experienced campaigners Marizanne Kapp, skipper Laura Wolvaardt, and Sune Luus will play a crucial role alongside Nadine de Klerk in guiding the youngsters on the side.

Debutants to watch out for:

Tazmin Brits

The South African opening batter Tazmin Brits made her International debut on 19th May 2019 in a T20I against Bangladesh. She has played 48 matches in the T20I format and scored over 1,138 runs in the format with a strike rate of 104.69 and an average of 31.61. Her tally of runs includes 9 half-centuries. She has played 23 ODIs and scored 550 runs at a strike rate of 66.82 and an average of 23.91 in 23 innings. Her tally of runs includes 1 half-century and a century. She would be an ideal candidate to open the innings alongside skipper Laura Wolvaardt for South Africa in the one-off Test Match against Australia.

Also Read:  "It feels like playing an international cricket because WBBL has got so many good players," says Marizanne Kapp

Masabata Klaas

The 33-year-old pacer bowler made her International debut on 6th October 2010 in an ODI against Sri Lanka. She represented South Africa in over 130 matches (132 matches) and picked up 105 wickets in the white-ball format. Her tally of wickets includes one four-wicket haul in the T20I format.

Mieke De Ridder

The 28-year-old wicket-keeper batter Mieke De Ridder made her International debut on 4th September 2023 in a T20I against Pakistan. She is now all set to make her debut in the red-ball format.

Delmi Tucker

The 26-year-old wicket-keeper batter Delmi Tucker made her International debut on 11th June 2022 in an ODI against South Africa. She has represented South Africa in 7 ODIs, scoring 53 runs in 3 innings, and 14 T20Is, scoring 50 runs in 10 innings in the format.

Eliz-mari Marx

The 21-year-old pacer made her international debut on 3rd December 2023 in a T20I against Bangladesh. She has represented South Africa in 4 ODIs and picked up 4 wickets in 4 innings. She also played 3 T20Is and picked up 1 wicket in 2 innings. Her best performance with the ball came in the 2nd ODI when she returned with match-figures (2/22) in her spell playing a crucial role in helping South Africa seal a historic, maiden victory in the ODI format against Australia.

Ayanda Hlubi

The 19-year-old young pacer made her International debut on 8th December 2023 in a T20I against Bangladesh. She has picked up two wickets in the T20I format and two wickets in the ODI format.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here