2nd T20I: Philippines vs Singapore | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Visitors Singapore registered a comprehensive 189-run win over the Philippines in the 3-match Twenty20 International (T20I) series opener. The forthcoming 2nd T20I will take place at Friendship Oval, Dasmarinas, on the 28th of December, 2023, commencing at 7:30 AM Indian Standard Time (IST).

2nd T20I: Philippines vs Singapore | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Squads:

Philippines – Catherine Bagaoisan (C), Jhon Kate Andreano, Alpha Arayan, MA. Luz Barcelona, Angela Busa, Reyven Castillo, Arlyn Dacutan, Jona Eguid, Jomae Ysabelle Masaya, Romela Osabel, Riza Penalba, April Rose Saquilon, Simranjeet Sirah, Alex Bobbi Smith, Marica Taira

Singapore – Shafina Mahesh (C), Roshni Ramesh, Dhavina Haresh Sharma, Vathana Sreemurugavel, Diviya GK, Sara Merican, Johanna Pooranakaran, Jocelyn Pooranakaran, Roma Raval, Saumya Piumi Ratnakara Gurusinghe, Ada Bhasin, Riyaa Bhasin, Damini Ramesh, Rashmeka Badri Narayanan, Devika Atul Galia

Players to watch out:

Jhon Kate Andreano

The 25-year-old all-rounder has managed to score 38 runs from 12 T20I outings and picked up 6 wickets in 8 innings. Jhon had a tough first outing this series, departing for 1 and conceding 34 runs without taking a wicket. It’ll be expected of her to chip in with late runs while also taking wickets.

Romela Osabel

The 45-year-old all-rounder has scored 42 runs from 13 T20I outings and picked up 5 wickets from 9 outings. In the series opener, Romela didn’t have the best of outings, departing for 4(4) and was on the receiving end during her bowling spells, yet managed a wicket, finishing on 1/35 (4). She’ll be backed to stage a comeback.

Shafina Mahesh

The 24-year-old all-rounder, in T20Is, has accumulated 331 runs, including the highest of 45*, from 34 outings and bagged 21 wickets, with the best being 4/2, from 23 bowling outings. Striking at 146.0, Shafina notched up a 63-ball 92* to kick off her campaign, and it’ll be hoped she follows up with another big score.

Also Read:  Match 5: Singapore v UAE Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Diviya GK

The 36-year-old all-rounder, in 30 T20I appearances, has amassed 437 runs and bagged 24 wickets with respective bests being 77* and 3/8. In the opener, Diviya was run out for 0; however, in the couple of overs, she bowled, didn’t concede a run, and scalped 1 wicket. She can be trusted to deliver both with the bat and ball.

Pitch:

The center wicket at Friendship Oval pleases the bowlers, particularly the pacers, and presents difficulties for the batters. The pace-friendly conditions result in an average score in the 80s, requiring batters to exhibit discipline to post a competitive total.

Weather:

The conditions are ideal for cricket at the Friendship Oval as the chances of rain are minimal with the overhead expected to be bright and clear. The temperature is forecasted to hover around 29°C with light winds, and humidity of 75%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Saumya Piumi Ratnakara Gurusinghe, Sara Merican, Jona Eguid, Roshni Ramesh, Shafina Mahesh, Diviya GK, Alex Bobbi Smith, Johanna Pooranakaran, Dhavina Haresh Sharma, Romela Osabel, Ada Bhasin

Match details:

Date – December 28, 2023

Time – 7:30 AM IST

Venue – Friendship Oval, Dasmarinas, Cavite

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on the FanCode app and website.

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here