India’s ODI and T20I Squad against Australia declared, Shreyanka Patil and Saika Ishaque earn maiden call-ups

After a remarkable test match victory against Australia, the focus will now shift to the white ball matches. The Women’s Selection Committee have announced India’s squad for the three one-dayers and three T20Is. The team will be led by Harmanpreet Kaur with Smriti Mandhana serving as her deputy.

India's ODI and T20I Squad for Australia series declared. PC: Getty
India’s ODI and T20I Squad for Australia series declared. PC: Getty

While the squad for the T20Is is the same as the one for the England series, changes have been made to the ODI lineup. Shreyanka Patil, Mannat Kashyap, Saika Ishaque, and Titas Sadhu have received their maiden ODI call-up. Renuka Singh and Richa Ghosh also return to the squad after missing the Bangladesh tour. Sneh Rana and Harleen Deol have been called in to replace Kanika Ahuja and Minnu Mani who are a part of the T20I squad but won’t be playing the ODIs.

Kashyap, Patil, and Ishaque were all part of the T20I squad against England. While Kashyap did not get a game, Patil and Ishaque impressed with their performances. Patil took 5 wickets in 3 matches and was awarded the Player of the Match trophy in the final game. Ishaque continued her brilliant streak from the WPL and took 5 wickets. Sadhu was exceptional for India in the Asian Games but went wicketless against England.

India are on a high after registering spectacular wins against England and Australia in the one-off tests. They will be hoping to continue that form in the white ball games. The ODIs are scheduled at the Wankhede Stadium on December 28, December 30, and January 2. The action will then shift to the DY Patil Stadium for the T20Is on January 5, 7 and 9.

ODI Squad:

Harmanpreet Kaur (C), Smriti Mandhana (VC), Jemimah Rodrigues, Shafali Verma, Deepti Sharma, Yastika Bhatia (wk), Richa Ghosh (wk), Amanjot Kaur, Shreyanka Patil, Mannat Kashyap, Saika Ishaque, Renuka Singh Thakur, Titas Sadhu, Pooja Vastrakar, Sneh Rana, Harleen Deol

Also Read:  India claim Historic First-Ever Test Win over Australia Women at Wankhede

T20I Squad:

Harmanpreet Kaur (C), Smriti Mandhana (VC), Jemimah Rodrigues, Shafali Verma, Deepti Sharma, Yastika Bhatia (wk), Richa Ghosh (wk), Amanjot Kaur, Shreyanka Patil, Mannat Kashyap, Saika Ishaque, Renuka Singh Thakur, Titas Sadhu, Pooja Vastrakar, Kanika Ahuja, Minnu Mani

Vaishnavi is a passionate author with an unwavering love for cricket, particularly women’s cricket. Her writing reflects her deep admiration for the sport and her dedication to promoting women’s participation in it. When she’s not following the latest cricket matches, Vaishnavi can be found engrossed in books or enjoying movies.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here