2nd T20I: Bangladesh vs Pakistan | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The 2nd Twenty20 International (T20I) of the ongoing 3-match series between Bangladesh and Pakistan is scheduled for the 27th of October. Following hosts Bangladesh’s sneaky win in the series opener, the series decider will be played at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram, at 4:00 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

2nd T20I: Bangladesh vs Pakistan | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads:

Bangladesh – Niger Sultana Joty (C), Nahida Akter (VC), Shamima Sultana, Murshida Khatun, Sobhana Mostary, Shorna Akter, Ritu Moni, Shorifa Khatun, Shanjida Akther Maghla, Rabeya Khan, Sultana Khatun, Fahima Khatun, Nishita Akter Nishi, Marufa Akter, Fariha Islam Trisna, Shathi Rani

Pakistan – Nida Dar (C), Aliya Riaz, Bismah Maroof, Diana Baig, Ghulam Fatima, Iram Javed, Muneeba Ali (WK), Najiha Alvi (WK), Nashra Sundhu, Natalia Parvaiz, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Umm-e-Hani, Waheeda Akhtar

Players to watch out:

Shorna Akter

The 16-year-old all-rounder, after a stellar Under-19 World Cup campaign where she scored 153 runs and also bagged a wicket in 5 outings, was fast-tracked to the senior national team and has not disappointed. Shorna, in 10 T20Is, has accumulated 112 runs and has also taken 7 wickets in 8 bowling outings. She kicked off this series against Pakistan with figures of 1/14 (3).

Rabeya Khan

The 18-year-old all-rounder was recalled to the senior national team after an impressive 5-game Under-19 Women’s World Cup campaign where she took 7 wickets. Rabeya has honed her skills and to some extent has cemented her place in the side. In 12 T20Is, she has scalped 14 wickets, with her best figures being 4/8, and her figures in the series opener read 1/16 (4).

Also Read:  Muneeba Ali, Anam Amin and Fatima Sana prove as strong contenders for Women's World Cup 2020

Sidra Amin

The 31-year-old opening batter has amassed 634 runs in 40 T20I outings, with her highest score being 61. In the series opener, Sidra departed after scoring just 4 runs. However, she has consistently managed to get starts and has been in good touch of late, so she will be relied upon to find her form. The veteran batter will need to convert her starts and help the team with a strong foundation for their innings.

Umm-e-Hani

The 27-year-old off-spinner made her debut in the shortest format in a recent series against South Africa. In 5 T20Is, Umm-e-Hani has taken just a couple of wickets, but she has been economical. In the series opener, she delivered a fine spell, finishing with figures of 1/17 (4), and with spin-friendly tracks on offer, the team will be hoping that she capitalizes on this momentum.

Pitch:

The 22 yards at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram, heavily favors the spinners, creating ideal conditions for bowling, as evident from the average score in the 90s. However, batters with good tactical skills and shot selection can still score runs effectively.

Weather:

With light winds, humidity at 75%, and the temperature forecasted to hover around 28°C, the conditions are pleasant for a game of cricket. The overhead is expected to be clear and the chances of rain are minimal.

Fantasy playing XI:

Niger Sultana Joty, Muneeba Ali, Bismah Maroof, Sidra Amin, Nida Dar, Aliya Riaz, Shorna Akter, Nahida Akter, Nashra Sundhu, Sultana Khatun, Rabeya Khan

Match details:

Date – October 27, 2023

Also Read:  Bangladesh announces ODI squad for series against Pakistan

Time – 4:00 PM IST

Venue – Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on Bangladesh Cricket’s YouTube channel.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here