5th T20I: New Zealand v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The fifth and the final T20I of the five-match series between New Zealand and West Indies will be played on October 6 at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in North Sound, Antigua. The game will begin at 11 PM IST.

5th T20I: New Zealand v West Indies Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
5th T20I: New Zealand v West Indies Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

New Zealand has taken an unassailable lead of 3-1 in the series. The last encounter between the two sides was a nail-biting thriller as it went down to the super over. Batting first, New Zealand posted 111/4 in 20 overs, thanks to Amelia Kerr’s undefeated 49. For West Indies, Afy Fletcher was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped two wickets. In reply, West Indies equalled New Zealand’s score at the loss of nine wickets. Chedean Nation top scored with a 23, while for New Zealand, captain Sophie Devine wreaked havoc with the ball claiming three scalps. Since the game was tied, the two teams played a super over. West Indies set a target of 16 in one over for New Zealand, and the visitors achieved it on the last ball, courtesy of Devine’s flourishing six at the end.

Head-to-Head

New Zealand and West Indies have played 22 T20Is against each other, out of which New Zealand has won 15, and West Indies have won five, with one match ending in a tie and the other not producing a result.

Squads

New Zealand: Lauren Down, Maddy Green, Sophie Devine (c), Suzie Bates, Brooke Halliday, Georgia Plimmer, Hayley Jensen, Amelia Kerr, Isabella Gaze (wk), Eden Carson, Fran Jonas, Jess Kerr, Molly Penfold, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

West Indies: Hayley Matthews (c), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shemaine Campbelle (wk), Shamilia Connell, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Jannillea Glasgow, Sheneta Grimond, Chinelle Henry, Kyshona Knight, Natasha McLean, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Shakera Selman, Stafanie Taylor, Rashada Williams

Also Read:  WPL Recap: Top 5 Performers of the WPL 2023 Season

Players to watch

Amelia Kerr:

The right-handed top-order batter of New Zealand starred with the bat in the fourth T20I against West Indies. She scored a delectable 49 off 47, including three boundaries. She came in to bat in the fifth over and anchored the team’s batting well. She also rolled her arm over to bowl four overs of leg spin, giving away 20 runs.

Sophie Devine:

The captain of New Zealand was the pick of the bowlers in the fourth T20I against West Indies. She scalped 29/3 in her full quota of four overs. She bowled well with the new ball and struck twice in the last over of the powerplay. With the bat, the skipper mustered 13 off 19 in the 20-over game and muscled 17 not out off five in the super over.

Chedean Nation: 

The right-handed middle-order batter of West Indies was at the helm of the run chase in the fourth T20I against New Zealand. She scored 23 off 34, including a couple of boundaries. She fought hard for her runs and kept the hopes of West Indies alive in the run chase.

Afy Fletcher: 

The right-arm leg spinner of West Indies was the most successful bowler for her side in the fourth T20I against New Zealand. She bagged 16/2 in four overs. She was the second-most economical bowler for her side and bowled 13 dot balls. Her services were employed in the middle phase of the innings.

Pitch

This will be the fifth and the last T20I of the tournament at the venue. Out of the four games played so far, the teams batting first have won one, the teams batting second have won two, and one ended up in a super over with the team chasing the target successfully set in six balls. With the pitch having undergone a lot of wear and tear, expect it to be on a slower side. Scoring runs may not be easy. Spinners will play a key role.

Also Read:  1st T20I: New Zealand v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Weather

The weather is expected to see some sun, then turn cloudy with a couple of showers around, mainly late in the day. The maximum temperature attained during the day could be 32 degrees Celsius. There will be 64 percent cloud cover and a 71 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Rashada Williams, Aaliyah Alleyne, Chedean Nation, Maddy Green, Suzie Bates, Amelia Kerr, Hayley Matthews, Sophie Devine, Fran Jonas, Afy Fletcher, Hayley Jensen

Match details

Date: October 6, 2022

Time: 11 PM IST

Venue: Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here