4th T20I: New Zealand v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The fourth T20I of the five-match series will be played on October 5 at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in North Sound, Antigua. The game will begin at 11 PM IST.

4th T20I: New Zealand v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

New Zealand leads the series 2-1. In the last encounter, batting first, West Indies were reduced to 93/9 in 20 overs. West Indies’ captain Hayley Matthews top-scored with 30, while Fran Jonas picked up three wickets for New Zealand. In reply, New Zealand overhauled the target in 18.4 overs, with five wickets in hand. Maddy Green starred with the bat for the visitors, scoring an undefeated 49, while Matthews struck with four scalps for West Indies.

Head-to-Head

New Zealand and West Indies have played 21 T20Is against each other, out of which New Zealand has won 14, and West Indies have won five, with one match ending in a tie and the other not producing a result.

Squads

New Zealand: Lauren Down, Maddy Green, Sophie Devine (c), Suzie Bates, Brooke Halliday, Georgia Plimmer, Hayley Jensen, Amelia Kerr, Isabella Gaze (wk), Eden Carson, Fran Jonas, Jess Kerr, Molly Penfold, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

West Indies: Hayley Matthews (c), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shemaine Campbelle (wk), Shamilia Connell, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Jannillea Glasgow, Sheneta Grimond, Chinelle Henry, Kyshona Knight, Natasha McLean, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Shakera Selman, Stafanie Taylor, Rashada Williams

Players to watch

Maddy Green: 

The right-handed middle-order batter of New Zealand won the player of the match for her match-winning 49 not out off 45 balls in the third T20I against West Indies. She smashed half a dozen boundaries and led the run chase from the front. She anchored the innings well and steered her team to a five-wicket win chasing 94.

Also Read:  Where to watch West Indies vs New Zealand Women's Series?

Fran Jonas: 

The wily left-arm spinner of New Zealand was the most successful bowler in the third T20I against West Indies. She scalped her career-best bowling figures of 16/3 in her full quota of four overs, including one maiden. She opened the bowling attack and bowled well with the new ball.

Hayley Matthews: 

The captain of West Indies made valuable contributions with bat and ball in the third T20I against New Zealand. The right-handed opening batter muscled 30 off 28, including four boundaries. She claimed 12/4 in four overs with the ball, accounting for her third four-wicket haul in T20Is. She was one of the most economical bowlers for her side.

Afy Fletcher: 

The right-arm leg spinner of West Indies was the only other wicket-taker, besides Hayley Matthews, for the team in the third T20I against New Zealand. She bagged 12/1 in four overs. She bowled 13 dot balls and was one of the most economical bowlers for the team.

Pitch

This will be the fourth T20I of the tournament at the venue. Out of the three games played so far, the teams batting first have won one, and the teams batting second have won two. The average score is 105. The wicket has assisted the spinners. Expect an exciting contest between bat and ball.

Weather

The weather is expected to see intervals of clouds and sunshine with a shower in places. The maximum temperature attained during the day could be 32 degrees Celsius. There will be 70 percent cloud cover and a 55 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east.

Also Read:  2nd T20I: New Zealand v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Fantasy Playing XI

Rashada Williams, Kyshona Knight, Maddy Green, Suzie Bates, Amelia Kerr, Hayley Matthews, Sophie Devine, Chinelle Henry, Fran Jonas, Afy Fletcher, Hannah Rowe

Match details

Date: October 5, 2022

Time: 11 PM IST

Venue: Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here