2nd T20I: New Zealand v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The second T20I of the five-match series will be played on October 1 at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in North Sound, Antigua. The game will begin at 7.30 PM IST.

2nd T20I: New Zealand v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

West Indies lead the series 1-0 as they beat New Zealand in a nail-biting thriller by just one run in the first T20I. Batting first, West Indies were bowled out for 115 in 20 overs. Aaliyah Alleyne top-scored with 49, while for New Zealand, Amelia Kerr picked up three wickets. In reply, New Zealand almost chased the target; however, fell short of just a solitary run in the end. Hannah Rowe starred with the bat scoring an unbeaten 27, while for West Indies, Chinelle Henry struck with three scalps.

Head-to-Head

New Zealand and West Indies have played 19 T20Is against each other, out of which New Zealand has won 12, and West Indies have won five, with one match ending in a tie and the other not producing a result.

Squads

New Zealand: Lauren Down, Maddy Green, Sophie Devine (c), Suzie Bates, Brooke Halliday, Georgia Plimmer, Hayley Jensen, Amelia Kerr, Isabella Gaze (wk), Eden Carson, Fran Jonas, Jess Kerr, Molly Penfold, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

West Indies: Hayley Matthews (c), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shemaine Campbelle (wk), Shamilia Connell, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Jannillea Glasgow, Sheneta Grimond, Chinelle Henry, Kyshona Knight, Natasha McLean, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Shakera Selman, Stafanie Taylor, Rashada Williams 

Players to watch

Hannah Rowe: 

Known more for her bowling, this New Zealander was the highest scorer for her team in the first T20I against West Indies. Batting at number nine, she muscled an undefeated 27 off 21, including a couple of boundaries and a six. She also bowled one over of right-arm medium pace and conceded nine runs.

Also Read:  Match 23: Central Hinds v Canterbury Magicians | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Amelia Kerr: 

The right-arm leg spinner was the most successful bowler for New Zealand in the first T20I against West Indies. She scalped 16/3 in her full quota of four overs. She bowled well in the middle phase of the innings and in the death overs. Apart from her bowling, she is a solid right-handed middle-order batter.

Aaliyah Alleyne: 

The right-handed top-order batter of West Indies smashed a scintillating 49 off 37 in the first T20I against New Zealand. She hammered seven boundaries in her entertaining knock and stitched a 66-run partnership with captain Hayley Matthews for the second wicket. With the ball, Alleyne opened the bowling and bowled a couple of overs of right-arm medium pace.

Chinelle Henry: 

The right-arm speedster of West Indies won the player of the match in the first T20I against New Zealand. She bagged 26/3 in four overs and also accounted for two catches. She came into bowl as the first change and struck twice inside the powerplay. She bowled fast and hit the right areas consistently to yield rich dividends.

Pitch

This will be the second T20I of the tournament at the venue. The last match saw 229 runs being scored. 19 wickets fell in the process. Batting did not look easy. On the other hand, bowlers extracted a lot of purchase from the wicket and conditions. With cloudy conditions being forecast, expect the fast bowlers to get some assistance. The last game played here went all the way down the wire. Another thrilling contest could be on the cards.

Also Read:  1st T20I: New Zealand v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Weather

The weather is expected to see variable cloudiness with a couple of showers. The maximum temperature attained during the day could be 30 degrees Celsius. There will be 80 percent cloud cover and a 95 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east-southeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Rashada Williams, Aaliyah Alleyne, Maddy Green, Suzie Bates, Amelia Kerr, Hayley Matthews, Sophie Devine, Chinelle Henry, Fran Jonas, Afy Fletcher, Hannah Rowe

Match details

Date: October 1, 2022

Time: 7.30 PM IST

Venue: Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here