1st T20I: New Zealand v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

After a three-match ODI series played between New Zealand and West Indies from September 19 to September 22, the two teams will lock horns against each other in a five-match T20I series starting from September 28.

1st T20I: New Zealand v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

New Zealand won the ODI series 2-1 and will take a lot of confidence with them going into the T20I competition. On the other hand, the West Indies registered a solitary win in the last and final match of the ODI series and will expect to carry the winning momentum into the T20I series.

The first T20I of the five-match series will be played on September 28 at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in North Sound, Antigua. The game will begin at 11 PM IST.

Head-to-Head

New Zealand and West Indies have played 18 T20Is against each other, out of which New Zealand has won 12, and West Indies have won four, with one match ending in a tie and the other not producing a result.

Squads

New Zealand: Lauren Down, Maddy Green, Sophie Devine (c), Suzie Bates, Brooke Halliday, Georgia Plimmer, Hayley Jensen, Amelia Kerr, Isabella Gaze (wk), Eden Carson, Fran Jonas, Jess Kerr, Molly Penfold, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

West Indies: Hayley Matthews (c), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shemaine Campbelle (wk), Shamilia Connell, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Jannillea Glasgow, Sheneta Grimond, Chinelle Henry, Kyshona Knight, Natasha McLean, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Shakera Selman, Stafanie Taylor, Rashada Williams

Players to watch 

Jess Kerr: 

The right-arm speedster of New Zealand was one of the leading wicket-takers in the three-match ODI series against West Indies. She scalped five wickets in three games. With respect to T20Is, she has nine wickets in 14 innings, including the best of 17/2. She bowls at an economy rate of just over six runs per over.

Also Read:  Match 25: Trent Rockets vs Birmingham Phoenix | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Amelia Kerr: 

The talented all-rounder of New Zealand won the player of the three-match ODI series against West Indies. The right-handed top-order batter mustered 98 runs and accounted for one wicket, bowling right-arm leg spin. In her T20I career, she has scored 325 runs in 29 innings and picked up 46 wickets in as many innings.

Hayley Matthews: 

The captain of West Indies is a right-handed opening batter and a right-arm off-spinner. She had a good outing with bat and ball in the three-match ODI series against New Zealand. She muscled 88 runs and claimed five wickets. With regards to T20Is, she has 64 games, 1133 runs, and 60 wickets under her belt.

Karishma Ramharack: 

The wily right-arm off-spinner of West Indies was one of the most successful bowlers in the three-match ODI series against New Zealand. She accounted for five wickets and bowled at an economy rate of just over three and a half runs per over. She is relatively new in T20Is with just seven games to her name and has picked as many wickets.

Pitch

The venue has hosted 10 women’s T20Is to date, out of which the teams batting first have won four, the teams batting second have won five, and one match was abandoned. The average first innings score is 115, and the average second innings score is 102. Spinners have been more successful here. Four out of the top five wicket-takers are spinners.

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy, with a shower in spots in the afternoon. The maximum temperature attained during the day could be 30 degrees Celsius. There will be 51 percent cloud cover and a 40 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east.

Also Read:  West Indies squad for 3 ODIs and 5 T20Is against New Zealand Announced

Fantasy Playing XI

Shemaine Campbelle, Stafanie Taylor, Maddy Green, Suzie Bates, Amelia Kerr, Hayley Matthews, Sophie Devine, Jess Kerr, Hayley Jensen, Karishma Ramharack, Shakera Selman 

Match details

Date: September 28, 2022

Time: 11 PM IST

Venue: Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here