Preview : 3rd T20I – England vs New Zealand | Squad, Players to Watch, Fantasy 11, Weather Condition

The three-match T20I series is leveled 1-1 and is everything is at stake for both the teams going into the third and final match that will be played on September 9 at the Cooper Associates County Ground in Taunton.

England vs New Zealand Women's Cricket Team
England vs New Zealand Women’s Cricket Team

Squads

England: Tammy Beaumont, Danielle Wyatt, Natalie Sciver, Heather Knight(c), Amy Ellen Jones(w), Sophia Dunkley, Katherine Brunt, Anya Shrubsole, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Mady Villiers, Freya Davies, Natasha Farrant, Emma Lamb, Charlotte Dean, Maia Bouchier

New Zealand: Sophie Devine(c), Hayley Jensen, Amy Satterthwaite, Lauren Down, Suzie Bates, Katey Martin(w), Brooke Halliday, Jessica McFadyen, Hannah Rowe, Jess Kerr, Lea Tahuhu, Maddy Green, Leigh Kasperek, Thamsyn Newton, Claudia Green, Molly Penfold

Players to watch out for

Danielle Wyatt (England): The dashing English opener top-scored with 35 runs off 29 balls, hitting four boundaries. With runs under her belt, the right hand bat would look to make it big going into the finals.

Natasha Farrant (England): The left-arm seamer was the most successful English bowler in the second T20I. She accounted for 2-32 in her four overs. She opened the bowling from the other end with Natalie Sciver. England will want Farrant to strike form in the third and final T20I of the series.

Sophie Devine (New Zealand): The New Zealand captain was the player of the match in the last outing as she led the chase scoring a classic half-century off 41 balls, hitting two boundaries and four sixes. Playing her 100th T20I, Devine registered her 15th century and steered her side to win the match by four wickets. With the ball, the right arm speedster scalped two wickets bowling her full quota of four overs.

Also Read:  Match 3 – Australia vs England Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Leigh Kasperek (New Zealand): The right arm off-spinner had a good game on Saturday when she picked up 2-20 in her four overs, which included the wickets of Sophia Dunkley and Sophie Ecclestone. She opened the bowling for New Zealand and was effective at the start.

Weather conditions

It is a 6.30 pm local start at Taunton. The weather does not look that good as there is 50% chance of rain just before the start of play. During the course of the match, the chance of precipitation hangs around 30%. The average temperature is around 18 degrees Celsius with a gentle breeze blowing from the south southwest. Light cloud cover is expected.

Pitch

The pitch at The Cooper Associates County Ground is a batting-friendly one. A high-scoring game is possible on Thursday. However, bowlers can seek some assistance from the wicket, provided they bowl in the right areas. The last match that was played at the venue was between India and England on June 30, 2021. It was a 50-over game. England chased down 222 comfortably. Out of the 15 wickets that fell, eight were picked by seamers, six by spinners and there was one run out.

Fantasy playing XI

Amy Jones, Tammy Beaumont, Amy Satterthwaite, Danielle Wyatt, Sophie Devine, Hayley Jensen, Natalie Sciver, Mady Villiers, Natasha Farrant, Sarah Glenn, Leigh Kasperek

Date: September 9, 2021

Time: 11pm IST

Venue: The Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  "I got into this I-don't-care attitude," says Danielle Wyatt
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here