Preview: Match 8 – Rwanda vs Nigeria, Squads, Suggested Playing XI, Top Fantasy Picks, Playing Conditions

Day 4 of the seventh edition of Kwibuka Women’s T20 tournament will see Rwanda taking on Nigeria in the second match at the Gahanga International Cricket Stadium in Rwanda. The match will begin at 1.50pm local (5.20pm IST) on June 9.

Rwanda Women's Cricket Team. PC: Twitter
Rwanda Women’s Cricket Team. PC: Twitter

Match preview

1) Squads

Nigeria: Samantha Agazuma (c) , Kehinde Abdulquadri, Omonye Asika, Mary Desmond, Joy Efosa, Favour Eseigbe, Blessing Etim, Abigail Igbobie, Miracle Imimole, Piety Lucky, Blessing Nwobodo, Agatha Obulor, Racheal Samson, Esther Sandy, Salome Sunday

Rwanda: Delphine Mukarurangwa, Cathia Uwamahoro, Henriette Ishimwe, Marie Bimenyimana, Immaculee Muhawenimana, Gisele Ishimwe, Sarah Uwera (c), Sifa Ingabire, Alice Ikuzwe, Flora Irakoze, Josiane Nyirankundineza, Diane Dusabemungu, Margueritte Vumiliya , Antoinette Uwimbabazi, Belyse Murekatete, Merveille Uwase, Josiane Uwimbabazi, Olive Dusabimana

2) Players to watch out for – Must-haves in your Fantasy XI

Marie Bimenyimana: The 24-year old right-hand bat from Rwanda, though did not have a decent outing against Namibia and Botswana in her previous two appearances, there is seldom any doubt about her ability with the bat. Having failed in her first two games, she will be determined to bounce back against strong opposition like Nigeria.

Alice Ikuzwe: The 22-year old right-arm speedster from Rwanda is known for her disciplined bowling. In her two outings so far, she has already scalped four wickets.

Salome Sunday: The 19-year old right-hand bat from Nigeria is the top scorer for her side. This talented youngster has the ability to win matches for her team single-handedly.

Joy Efosa: The 18-year old right-arm quickie from Nigeria is, by all means, a wrecker-in-chief when she is on the song. She is the leading wicket-taker for her team so far in the two matches that the team has played.

Also Read:  Uganda to host 5 team Victoria Series between 18 to 23 April 2023 | Squad, Schedule

3) Suggested Fantasy XI Picks

Favour Eseigbe (WK), Sifa Ingabire, Samantha Agazuna, Cathia Uwamahoro, Alice Ikuzwe (C), Henriette Ishimwe (VC), Salome Sunday, Marie Bimenyimana, Immaculee Muhawenimana, Belyse Murekatete, Joy Efosa

4) Pitch Report

It is expected to be a slowish wicket that will challenge the batters to score. On the other hand, the bowlers will look to make the most of the conditions and restrict the batting side to a sub-par score.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for all the updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here