1) Rachel Priest: The veteran keeper was back to her best, scored a brilliant half-century (55). Which helped Storm to reach a total of 158.
2) H Knight: England skipper Continued to impress as she scored another match-winning inning of 45 in the tournament.
3) Mignon du Preez – Proteas batter scored an impressive 30. On the other side, her fellow teammates failed to support as her innings vent in vain.
1) Freya Davies: The Young Sussex fast bowler impressed everyone with a terrific spell of fast bowling by hitting a good line and length. She ended up with excellent figures of 4/27.
2) Deepti Sharma: Playing her first season of KSL, She was good with her off-spin and other variations. She ended up with two wickets.
Summary: With the heroics of the bat by Rachel Priest made Western Storm continue to top the table as they defeated Loughborough Lightning by a huge margin of 40 runs at Bristol on Tuesday.
On winning the toss, Lightning skipper opted to bowl. Opening the innings for Storm Rachel Priest got back to her best scoring a scintillating knock of 55. She had a good stand with Mandhana and Knight of 47 and 64 respectively. Western Storm ended up with 158/4 in 20 overs.
On chasing the target, the overseas allrounder Hayley Matthews and Chamari Athapathu were dismissed cheaply for 2 and 4 respectively. Though Amy Jones tried to build a base to chase the target, she was not as successful as she departed for 22. Following next proteas player, Mignon du Preez played a cameo of 30 and she was not supported by any of other teammates. Finally, Loughborough was short by 40 runs.
On the whole, Western Storm continued their domination in the KSL 2019 with four out of four wins. They have almost confirmed their berth for Finals day. Loughborough Lightning with just one win in four matches, from now every match for them, will be a do or die.
Brief scores: Western Storm 158/4 ( Priest 55, Knight 45, 1/22 Gunn ) defeated Loughborough Lightning 118 all-out( Du Preez 30, Freya Davies 4/27) by 40 runs.