Key players –
1) Lauren Winfield: Yorkshire Captain played an excellent inning of 56 in 45 balls, which helped them to set a target of 152 for Lancashire Thunder.
2) Alyssa Healy: Opening the innings with skipper, the wicket keeping batter played sensibly for her 30 runs. Both had a solid partnership of 68 in 55 balls.
3) Harmanpreet Kaur: With thunder batting in trouble, Kaur took the responsibility of building the innings. She scored 37 runs, which included 3 fours and 1 six. She was well supported by Emma Lamb who scored a quick 32 in just 14 balls.
1) Katie George: England fast bowler Katie George bowled an economical spell of 2 for 16, which included a key wicket of Sune Luus.
2) Alice Richards: Yorkshire allrounder continued to give her best for Diamonds as she chipped in with a couple of wickets, mainly with the wicket of the dangerous player Harmanpreet Kaur.
3) Kate Cross: Fast bowler Kate cross was the pick of the bowlers for Thunder. She picked a couple of wickets. Which helped them to restrict Yorkshire under 160.
Summary – Yorkshire Diamonds defeated Lancashire Thunder in a close encounter by 9 runs on Tuesday at Liverpool.
Winning the toss, Diamond skipper chose to bat. Lauren Winfield played a captain inning of 56 including 7 fours, and 1 six. On the other end, she was well supported by Alyssa Healy. They built a partnership of 68 before the latter was dismissed for 30 by Brown. Joining the skipper Holie played a good cameo of 33 which helped Diamonds to set a target of 152. For Thunders, Kate cross was good with the ball.
On chasing the mediocre target of 152, Lancashire did not have a good start, the overseas player Sune Luus got out soon for 5. Other batters McGrath, Boyce, and Brown did not contribute much with the bat. It was our own Harman who took the responsibility of building the innings and scored a thirty-plus, which was not sufficient to reach the target as other batters failed to contribute with the bat. Katie George and Alice Richards got two wickets each which helped them to restrict Thunder from chasing the target.
Brief scores: Yorkshire 151/6 ( Winfield 56, Cross 2/31 ) defeated Lancashire 142/10 (Kaur 37, George 2/16 ) by 9 runs.