1st T20I: Austria vs Isle of Man | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The opener of the 3-match Twenty20 International (T20I) series between hosts Austria and Isle of Man is set to be played out at the Seebarn Cricket Ground, Vienna, on the 30th of July, 2023, at 3:00 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

1st T20I: Austria vs Isle of Man | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

In May 2023, Austria suffered a whitewash series defeat at the hands of France, while the Isle of Man, in their most recent series in 2022, registered a solitary win. The two teams will now eye an engaging contest and look for a better campaign this time around.

Squads:

Austria – Jo Antoinette Stiglitz (C), Andrea Mae Zepeda, Harjivan Bhullar, Priya Sabu, Smriti Kohli, Hadia Siddiqui, Hannah Simpson-Parker, Sushma Kattimani, Busra Uca (wic), Anisha Nookala, Ashmaan Saifee, Elvira Avdylaj, Mallika Pathirannehelage, Soujanya Chamundaiah, Sriya Komati Reddy, Valentina Avdylaj

Isle of Man – Alanya Thorpe (C), Lucy Barnett, Kim Carney, Ellan Cleator, Caitlin Henery, Jo Hicks, Andrea Littlejohns, Emma Miller, Danielle Murphy, Bliss Murtagh, Catherine Perry, Bekkie Webster

Players to watch out:

Andrea Mae Zepeda

The 27-year-old batter, in 28 T20I appearances, has scored 796 runs and also bagged 10 wickets. Andrea looked promising with scores of 32 and 21 as she put up a string of starts against France in May this year. She also featured at the FairBreak in April this year, gaining valuable learnings under her belt.

Jo-Antoinette Stiglitz

The 35-year-old spin all-rounder, in 27 T20Is, has scored 281 runs and scalped 9 wickets. During the 5-match series against France, Jo-Antoinette delivered economical spells while bagging 4 wickets, and also contributed consistently with the bat, chipping in with handy runs.

Also Read:  Stafanie Taylor to lead Tornadoes in FairBreak Invitational 2022 Tournament

Lucy Barnett

The 16-year-old spin all-rounder has had a promising start to her career, scoring 106 runs and registering as many wickets in 4 T20Is. Lucy’s current best is a run-a-ball 64, which she got to against Italy in the sides’ most recent Pentangular series in November 2022.

Alanya Thorpe

The 34-year-old pacer, in 4 T20I outings, has taken 5 wickets and also proved her mettle with the bat, evidenced by her best score of 20 against Italy. Alanya has delivered her spells at an economical rate of 3.90 and recorded her best bowling figures of 2/10 against Norway.

Pitch:

The center wicket at the Seebarn Cricket Ground, Vienna, provides significant assistance to bowlers, especially the pacers, leading to an average score in the 90s. Batters have encountered difficulties in scoring freely on this wicket; however, if they remain disciplined, they can post a competitive total.

Weather:

The rain on the radar throughout the match duration could play spoilsport, potentially resulting in a washout. The temperature is expected to hover around 24°C, with light winds and a humidity level of 72%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Bekkie Webster, Andrea Mae Zepeda, Ellan Cleator, Priya Sabu, Malika Pathirannihelage, Lucy Barnett, Jo-Antoinette Stiglitz, Alanya Thorpe, Valentina Avdylaj, Sriya Reddy, Danielle Murphy

Match details:

Date – July 30, 2023

Time – 3:00 PM IST

Venue – Seebarn Cricket Ground, Vienna

Broadcast – Access live scores for all the games in the series on the FanCode app and website.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here