1st T20I: Scotland v Ireland Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The three-match T20I series between Scotland and Ireland will be played from September 5 to September 8 at the Grange Cricket Club in Edinburgh, Scotland. These two teams played against each other in a bilateral competition in May 2021 in a four-match T20I series. Ireland emerged victorious with a 3-1 margin. Will Ireland continue to dominate Scotland or will the hosts give the visitors a run for their money?

1st T20I: Scotland v Ireland Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The first T20I between Scotland and Ireland will be played at the Grange Cricket Club in Edinburgh, Scotland and the match will start at 7PM IST.

Head-to-Head

Scotland and Ireland have played eight T20Is against each other out of which Ireland have won five and Scotland have won three.

Squads

Scotland: Kathryn Bryce (c), Abbi Aitken, Lorna Jack, Ellen Watson, Olivia Bell, Katie McGill, Megan McColl Megan McColl, Sarah Bryce (wk), Ailsa Lister (wk), Abtaha Maqsood, Priyanaz Chatterji, Katherine Fraser, Rachel Slater, Hannah Rainey

Ireland: Laura Delany (c), Gaby Lewis, Amy Hunter, Rebecca Stokell, Orla Prendergast, Eimear Richardson, Arlene Kelly, Rachel Delaney, Leah Paul, Mary Waldron (wk), Shauna Kavanagh (wk), Sophie MacMahon, Cara Murray, Georgina Dempsey, Jane Maguire

Players to watch

Kathryn Bryce: 

The captain of Scotland is a right-handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler. She has featured in 26 T20Is and has scored 647 runs, including four half-centuries. With the ball, she has accounted for 25 wickets, including the best of 5/2. She is a genuine all-rounder and can win matches with either bat or ball single-handedly.

Abbi Aitken: 

She is a right-handed batter of Scotland, who has played 20 T20Is. She has mustered 110 runs in 12 innings and has the highest score of 43. In recent times, she has started opening the batting. In her three innings as the opener, she has muscled 69 runs at a strike rate of 119. Apart from her batting, she can bowl right arm medium pace and has four wickets to her name.

Also Read:  3rd ODI: West Indies vs Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Laura Delany: 

The Irish all-rounder has a wealth of experience with 75 T20Is under her belt. She is a right-handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler. She has registered 809 runs in 63 innings, including the best of 61 and has picked up 43 wickets in 61 innings, including the best of 15/3.

Leah Paul: 

She is a left-handed batter and a left arm spinner from Ireland. In 26 T20Is, the southpaw has scored 173 runs and claimed 19 wickets. She has the highest score of 47 in her T20I career and best bowling figures of 16/4. She is one of the most talented all-rounders in the Ireland team.

Pitch

This will be the first ever women’s T20I to be played at this venue. The venue has already hosted 15 men’s T20Is. The teams batting first have won nine matches and the teams batting second have won four matches, with two matches not producing results. The highest score achieved here is 254 and the lowest total scored is 82. With cloudy conditions being forecast, expect the fast bowlers to get some purchase from the conditions.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy in the morning with a little rain followed by sun through high clouds in the afternoon. The maximum temperature attained during the course of the day will be 21 degrees Celsius. There will be 88 percent cloud cover and 55 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the south-east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Sarah Bryce, Abbi Aitken, Gaby Lewis, Sophie MacMahon, Kathryn Bryce, Katie McGill, Laura Delany, Leah Paul, Abtaha Maqsood, Cara Murray, Rachel Delaney

Also Read:  4th T20I: Zimbabwe vs Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Match details

Date: September 5, 2022

Time: 7PM IST

Venue: Grange Cricket Club, Edinburgh

Live streaming: Cricket Scotland YouTube channel

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here