Nida Dar completes 3000 International Runs

Pakistan’s ongoing home series against Ireland recently had its One-Day International (ODI) leg conclude with hosts, Pakistan’s 3-0 clean sweep over Ireland. The 2nd, Twenty20 International (T20I), leg of the series with Ireland’s win in 1st and Pakistan’s in 2nd, now has a series decider in waiting.

Nida Dar. PC: Getty Images
Nida Dar. PC: Getty Images

Pakistan’s all-rounder, Nida Dar produced a string of impactful performances for Pakistan in the recently concluded, 8th edition of the Women’s T20 Asia Cup having scored 145 runs at an average of 72.50 and bagged 8 wickets at an average of 14.87 off her 6 outings.

The 35-year-old won October’s Player of the Month award for her consistent performances in the Women’s T20 Asia Cup and did well in bringing forward her same form to the bilateral series against Ireland. Nida Dar, both with bat and ball hasn’t failed to impact in the series and in doing so, she’s breached a few numbers to celebrate milestones.

Nida Dar in the opening T20I game walked in early to bat inside the powerplay overs on the score of 25/2 and single-handedly with her quick-fire 43-ball-61 provided Pakistan’s total a consistent push that helped the side finish on 135/5 at the end of 20 overs following a poor start. Nida Dar’s 61 helped her go past the 1500 T20I runs milestones.

Nida Dar’s 2/19 off her 3 overs played a significant role in Ireland being restricted to a total of 118/7. Pakistan in reply had a steady start with a 26-run opening stand and lost their 2nd just then which got Nida Dar to the middle again inside the powerplay. Nida’s cautious 25-ball-28 came to a close with her being run out, but her knock helped Pakistan close out on the total and power strikers, Ayesha Naseem and Aliya Riaz closed the game out to level the series.

Also Read:  3rd T20I : Pakistan vs Bangladesh | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Nida Dar’s 28 from the 2nd T20I pushed her T20I runs tally to 1577 and with 1423 runs in One-Day International (ODI) got to the milestone of 3000 international runs.

Nida Dar with the bat, in 108 T20I innings has got to 1577 runs including 7 fifties in the format at an average of 18.33, a strike rate of 101.34 and has registered the highest score of 75. In 84 ODI innings, Dar’s got to 1423 runs including 10 fifties at an average of 18.24, a strike rate of 62.63 and in the format has got the highest score of 87.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here