Amelia Kerr Dream Run Continues, Completes 1000 ODI Run tally

New Zealand’s young all-rounder, Amelia Kerr, seems to be enjoying her purple patch in this ongoing five-match ODI series against India. The right handed top-order batter has mustered 353 runs in the series at an unbelievable average of 117.67 and a healthy strike rate of 97.51. The 21-year old has plundered three half centuries and a century, including scores of 50+ in her last four ODI outings against the Women in Blue. She is a distant first in the tally of runs with the second leading run getter being her teammate Suzie Bates with 185 runs. Interestingly, whenever Kerr goes past 50, New Zealand goes on to win the match.

Amelia Kerr . Pic Credits: Getty Images
Amelia Kerr . Pic Credits: Getty Images

With 353 runs in five ODI matches, Kerr has entered the list of top run-getters in a bilateral series. She is fourth on the list, behind Australia’s Karen Rolton (394 runs v New Zealand), New Zealand’s Amy Satterthwaite (393 runs v Pakistan) and England’s Charlotte Edwards (380 runs v South Africa). Apart from this, she has also joined the White Ferns’ elite club of players who have registered four consecutive 50+ scores in women’s ODI cricket. Kerr joins Debbie Hockley, Amy Satterthwaite, Sophie Devine and Suzie Bates

Additionally, Kerr enjoys a healthy strike rate in her ODI career and has the fifth best strike rate in the world of women’s cricket among players who have mustered 1000+ ODI runs. Kerr with a strike rate of 91.99 is behind the quadrant of Australia’a Alyssa Healy (99.39), South Africa’s Chloe Tryon (97.79), England’s Natalie Sciver (92.74) and Australia’s Meg Lanning (92.45). She is also the second fastest woman to score 1000+ runs (35 innings) in ODI cricket.

The 21-year old is not only a solid top order right-handed batter but also a wily leg spinner. She already has 66 ODI wickets in 45 innings and with 1000 runs completed in the 50-over format, she becomes the joint third-fastest in women’s ODIs alongside England’s Carole Hodges (46 innings) to score 1000+ runs and pick 50+ wickets.

Also Read:  Match 6: Mumbai Indians vs UP Warriorz | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

After her innings in the fifth ODI against India on Thursday, Kerr has reached a milestone of completing 1000 runs in women’s ODI cricket. She achieved the feat in just 35 innings at an average of 39.95. To date, she has registered five half-centuries and two centuries, with her maiden ODI century being a record-breaking 232 not out against Ireland in 2018.

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here