Preview: 4th ODI – India vs New Zealand Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

New Zealand have taken an unassailable lead of 3-0 in the five match ODI series, after they beat India in the third ODI by three wickets. The two teams will lock horns against each other in the fourth ODI at the John Davies Oval in Queenstown on February 22.

Preview: 4th ODI – India vs New Zealand Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Match Preview

Squads

India: Mithali Raj (c), Harmanpreet Kaur (vc), Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Yastika Bhatia, Deepti Sharma, Richa Ghosh (wicket-keeper), Sneh Rana, Pooja Vastrakar, Meghna Singh, Renuka Singh Thakur, Taniya Bhatia (wicket-keeper), Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Poonam Yadav, Jhulan Goswami

New Zealand: Sophie Devine (c), Amy Satterthwaite(vc), Suzie Bates, Lauren Down, Maddy Green, Brooke Halliday, Hayley Jensen, Fran Jonas, Jess Kerr, Melie Kerr, Frankie Mackay, Rosemary Mair, Katey Martin, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

Players to watch out for

Deepti Sharma: 

The Indian all-rounder was impressive with both bat and ball in her last outing against New Zealand. With the bat, the southpaw top scored with an unbeaten 69 off 69 balls to take Indian to a daunting total of 279. Later in the day, bowling right arm off spin, she struck with 1-57 in her 9.1 overs.

Smriti Mandhana: 

All eyes will be on this ICC Cricketer of the Year 2021 award winner. She missed the one-off T20I and two ODIs of the five match ODI series as she was in New Zealand government’s MIQ (Managed Isolation and/or Quarantine). She will be available for the remainder of the ODI series.

Lauren Down:

The right handed middle order batter of New Zealand won the player of the match in her last outing against India. She crafted an unbeaten 64 off just 52 balls, to steer her side to a three-wicket win. She came in to bat in the 30th over and was there till the very end to ensure a win for the White Ferns.

Also Read:  Sabbhineni Meghana scores quickfire 33-ball Maiden ODI Fifty

Amelia Kerr:

This right handed top order batter of New Zealand top scored with 67 runs from 80 balls, leading the run chase after losing the opening pair of Sophie Devine and Suzie Bates cheaply. Early in the day, she picked up 1-60 from her 10 overs, bowling right arm leg spin,

Pitch

Prior to this match, three ODIs of the series have been played at the same venue. It is a good batting wicket as the ball comes nicely on to the bat. Apart from being a batting paradise, there is some assistance for the bowlers, especially the seamers, provided they pitch the ball in the right areas. The average first innings score in the series so far has been 276 and average second innings score has been 265.

Weather

The weather is expected to be not as warm with rain and drizzle mainly early in the day. The average temperature through the course of the match will be 19 degrees Celsius. A thick cloud cover of around 76 percent is on the cards with an 86 percent chance of precipitation. The wind will blow from the northwest.

Fantasy playing XI

Katey Martin, Mithali Raj, Yastika Bhatia, Suzie Bates, Smriti Mandhana, Amelia Kerr, Sophie Devine, Deepti Sharma, jhulan Goswami, Renuka Singh, Ekta Bisht

Match details

Date: February 22, 2022

Time: 3.30am IST

Venue: John Davies Oval, Queenstown

Live streaming: Amazon Prime

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022 

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Revised Schedule for India Women's tour of New Zealand 2022
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here