Preview: 3rd ODI – India vs New Zealand Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

New Zealand lead the five match ODI series 2-0 after beating India in the second ODI on February 15 by three wickets. The two teams will lock horns against each other in the third ODI at the John Davies Oval in Queenstown on February 18.

Preview: 3rd ODI – India vs New Zealand Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Match Preview

Squads

India: Mithali Raj (c), Harmanpreet Kaur (vc), Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Yastika Bhatia, Deepti Sharma, Richa Ghosh (wicket-keeper), Sneh Rana, Pooja Vastrakar, Meghna Singh, Renuka Singh Thakur, Taniya Bhatia (wicket-keeper), Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Poonam Yadav, Jhulan Goswami

New Zealand: Sophie Devine (c), Amy Satterthwaite(vc), Suzie Bates, Lauren Down, Maddy Green, Brooke Halliday, Hayley Jensen, Fran Jonas, Jess Kerr, Melie Kerr, Frankie Mackay, Rosemary Mair, Katey Martin, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

Players to watch out for

Mithali Raj:

Mithali Raj completes her 61st ODI Half-Century. PC: Twitter
Mithali Raj completes her 61st ODI Half-Century. PC: Twitter

The captain of the Indian team has looked in great touch, registering two consecutive half-centuries in the series so far. In the second ODI, she picked up from where she had left in the first ODI and crafted an elegant 66 not out off 81 balls, including three boundaries. She guided India to 270-6 in 50 overs, which was India’s highest total against New Zealand in women’s ODIs.

Smriti Mandhana:

Smriti Mandhana
Smriti Mandhana. Pic Credits: ICC

All eyes will be on this ICC Cricketer of the Year 2021 award winner. She missed the one-off T20I and two ODIs of the five match ODI series as she was in New Zealand government’s MIQ (Managed Isolation and/or Quarantine). She will be available for the remainder of the ODI series.

Sophie Devine:

Sophie Devine. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Sophie Devine. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

Also Read:  Sania Mirza Applauds Mithali Raj's Answer to Press

The captain of New Zealand looked good with both bat and ball in the last match against India. The right arm speedster was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 2-42 in her eight overs. Later, chasing a daunting score of 271, she opened the batting and muscled a quickfire 33 off 30 balls, smashing five boundaries.

Amelia Kerr:

119 Runs from Amelia Kerr help New Zealand beat India in 2nd ODI. PC: WhiteFerns / Twitter
119 Runs from Amelia Kerr help New Zealand beat India in 2nd ODI. PC: WhiteFerns / Twitter

This right-handed top-order batter of New Zealand scored a scintillating unbeaten century in the last match to guide her team to a three-wicket win against India. Her innings of 119 not out off 135 balls was embellished with seven boundaries. She ran well between the wickets pushing the Indian fielders as she churned many twos in her knock.

Pitch

Prior to this match, two ODIs of the series have been played at the same venue. It is a good batting wicket as the ball comes nicely on to the bat. There is something in the wicket for the bowlers as well, provided them pitch the ball in the right areas. The average first innings score in the series so far has been 273 and average second innings score has been 243.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy in the morning (local) and then a bit of sunny and cloudy in the afternoon (local). The average temperature through the course of the match will be 23 degrees Celsius. A thick cloud cover of around 80 percent is on the cards. Despite this, there is just 1 percent chance of rain and 0 percent chance of thunderstorms.

Also Read:  Why did Smriti Mandhana miss India's one-off T20I against New Zealand?

Fantasy playing XI

Richa Ghosh, Mithali Raj, Yastika Bhatia, Suzie Bates, Smriti Mandhana, Amelia Kerr, Sophie Devine, Jess Kerr, Pooja Vastrakar, Poonam Yadav, Fran Jonas

Match details

Date: February 18, 2022

Time: 3.30am IST

Venue: John Davies Oval, Queenstown

Live streaming: Amazon Prime

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here