Preview: 2nd ODI – India vs New Zealand Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

New Zealand lead the five-match ODI series 1-0 after defeating India in the first ODI on February 12 by 62 runs. The two teams will lock horns against each other in the second ODI at the John Davies Oval in Queenstown on February 15.

Preview: 2nd ODI – India vs New Zealand Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Match Preview

India: Mithali Raj (c), Harmanpreet Kaur (vc), Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Yastika Bhatia, Deepti Sharma, Richa Ghosh (wicket-keeper), Sneh Rana, Pooja Vastrakar, Meghna Singh, Renuka Singh Thakur, Taniya Bhatia (wicket-keeper), Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Poonam Yadav, Jhulan Goswami

New Zealand: Sophie Devine (c), Amy Satterthwaite (VC), Suzie Bates, Lauren Down, Maddy Green, Brooke Halliday, Hayley Jensen, Fran Jonas, Jess Kerr, Melie Kerr, Frankie Mackay, Rosemary Mair, Katey Martin, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

Players to watch out for

Mithali Raj:

Mithali Raj in action during India Women's tour of New Zealand 2022. PC: Twitter
Mithali Raj in action during India Women’s tour of New Zealand 2022. PC: Twitter

The captain of the Indian team led from the front in the first ODI against New Zealand with a stellar half-century. However, apart from Yastika Bhatia, Raj failed to find able allies in India’s run-chase. India will want their captain to hold the innings together and play through till the end.

Pooja Vastrakar:

Pooja Vastrakar. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Pooja Vastrakar. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

The right arm seamer took the new ball with Jhulan Goswami in the first ODI against New Zealand. Despite two dropped chances off her bowling, she managed to scalp 2-55 in her nine overs. Apart from her bowling, she made useful contributions with the bat lower down the order scoring 23 runs off 29 balls.

Jess Kerr:

Jess Kerr in action during India Women's tour of New Zealand 2022. PC: Twitter
Jess Kerr in action during India Women’s tour of New Zealand 2022. PC: Twitter

The right-arm speedster has had a good series so far as she was impressive in the one-off T20I as well as the first ODI. In her last meeting with India, she picked up 4-35 in 9.4 overs, including two maiden overs. She bowled well with the new ball and picked up the important wickets of Mithali Raj and Harmanpreet Kaur.

Also Read:  Summary: 2nd T20I – Deepti Sharma and Shafali Verma hand India second victory in the series against West Indies

Suzie Bates:

Suzie Bates scores her 11th ODI Century. PC: white_ferns / Instagram
Suzie Bates scores her 11th ODI Century. PC: white_ferns / Instagram

This right-handed opening batter of New Zealand scored a delectable century in the last match against India. She looks in good touch and will be the key for the White Ferns to provide them with a solid start.

Pitch

The first ODI of the series was played at the same venue. Close to 400 runs were scored in the match. In the first innings, batting looked relatively easy compared to that in the second innings. Fast bowlers enjoyed bowling in the cloudy conditions as they were more successful than their spin counterparts.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy through the entire course of the match with average temperatures ranging between 21 and 24 degrees Celsius. A thick cloud cover of around 80 percent is on the cards. Despite this, the chance of rain is very bleak.

Fantasy playing XI

Richa Ghosh, Mithali Raj, Yastika Bhatia, Suzie Bates, Amelia Kerr, Deepti Sharma, Sophie Devine, Amy Satterthwaite, Jess Kerr, Pooja Vastrakar, Jhulan Goswami

Match Details

Date: February 15, 2022

Time: 3.30am IST

Venue: John Davies Oval, Queenstown

Live streaming: Amazon Prime

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here