Revised Schedule for India Women’s tour of New Zealand 2022

Team India is on the tour to New Zealand for a bilateral series followed by the ICC Women’s World Cup.

While the World Cup is just 1 month away, the series kicks off on Wednesday, February 9 with the only T20I. Last week, New Zealand Cricket announced the revised venue making Queenstown the only ground for the series to limit domestic travel in order to reduce the risk of Covid-19 as much as possible.

Revised Schedule for India Women's tour of New Zealand 2022
Revised Schedule for India Women’s tour of New Zealand 2022

Today, the board has released an updated schedule for the only T20I and 5 ODIs series. Though the date for the T20I remains the same, the ODI schedule has been updated. Confirming the same with a report on their official website, NZC has shared that the 1st ODI has been shifted a day ahead from February 11 to February 12 and the same has been done for the 2nd match while the 3rd ODI has moved two days ahead to February 18, the 4th and 5th ODIs remain unchanged.

Further to the days, change has also been made to the time of the 1st ODI that was earlier scheduled to begin at 2 PM NZT (6:30 AM IST) but now has been preponed to the same time as the other 4 ODIs i.e., 11 AM NZT (3:30 AM IST). There hasn’t been any change to the time for the shortest format which is scheduled to begin at 1 PM NZT (5:30 AM IST).

Also, the board has confirmed that the matches will be live-streamed on TVNZ 1 and Spark Sport along with radio commentary on Rova in the host country. For those in India, Amazon Prime Videos will be streaming all the matches Live.

Also Read:  Match 17: Gujarat Giants v UP Warriorz | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Meanwhile, India who announced a 15-member squad for the series as well as for the World Cup early last month has completed the mandatory quarantine in New Zealand and is back to training while the White Ferns announced their squad yesterday.

Squads

India:

Mithali Raj (C), Harmanpreet Kaur (VC), Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Yastika Bhatia, Deepti Sharma, Richa Ghosh, Sneh Rana, Jhulan Goswami, Pooja Vastrakar, Meghna Singh, Renuka Singh Thakur, Taniya Bhatia (wicketkeeper), Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Poonam Yadav.

Traveling Reserves: S. Meghna, Ekta Bisht, Simran Dil Bahadur.

New Zealand:

Sophie Devine (C), Amy Satterthwaite (VC), Suzie Bates, Lauren Down, Maddy Green, Brooke Halliday, Hayley Jensen, Fran Jonas, Jess Kerr, Melie Kerr, Frankie Mackay, Rosemary Mair, Katey Martin, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

Updated Schedule for India Women’s tour of New Zealand 2022

Match Date Time Venue
T20I Wednesday, February 9 1:00 PM (NZT)

5:30 PM (IST)

John Davies Oval, Queenstown
1st ODI Friday, February 12 11 AM (NZT)

3:30 AM (IST)

2nd ODI Monday, February 15 11 AM (NZT)

3rd ODI Wednesday, February 18 11 AM (NZT)

4th ODI Tuesday, February 22 11 AM (NZT)

5th ODI Thursday, February 24 11 AM (NZT)

Author of the poetry book ‘The Scent of Rhythm’, I am a passionate writer and a Sports enthusiast who writes on Cricket and plays Badminton.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here