3rd T20I: England v India Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The third and the final T20I of the three-match series between England and India will be played on September 15 at the County Ground in Bristol. The match will start at 11PM IST. The series is leveled at 1-1 with England winning the first T20I and India emerging victorious in the second T20I.

3rd T20I: England v India Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

In the last match that was played, batting first, England posted 142/6 in 20 overs. Freya Kemp hit her maiden T20I half-century (51 not out) and became the youngest England player to achieve the feat in the format. For India, Sneh Rana was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped three wickets. In reply, India cruised to the target in 16.4 overs with eight wickets in hand. Smriti Mandhana scored her 17th T20I half-century to guide her team to a comprehensive win. For England, Sophie Ecclestone and Freya Davies were the wicket-takers.

Head-to-Head

England and India have played 25 T20Is against each other out of which England have won 18 and India have won seven.

Squads

England: Danielle Wyatt, Sophia Dunkley, Alice Capsey, Bryony Smith, Amy Jones (c & wk), Maia Bouchier, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Kate Cross, Issy Wong, Lauren Bell

India: Harmanpreet Kaur (Captain), Smriti Mandhana (Vice-captain), Shafali Verma, Deepti Sharma, Pooja Vastrakar, Jemimah Rodrigues, Sneh Rana, Renuka Thakur, Meghna Singh, Radha Yadav, Sabbineni Meghana, Taniyaa Sapna Bhatia (WK), Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Dayalan Hemalatha, Simran Dil Bahadur, Richa Ghosh (WK), Kiran Navgire

Players to watch

Freya Kemp: 

The left-handed middle order batter of England muscled an unbeaten 51 off 37 in the second T20I against India. She came in to bat in the 10th over when her team was struggling at 54/5. She absorbed all the pressure and played some good cricket to take her team to a competitive score of 142. She hit three boundaries and as many sixes. Apart from her batting, she is known for her bowling. She is a left arm seamer.

Also Read:  Smriti Mandhana's unbeaten 79 helped India level T20I series 1-1 against England

Sophie Ecclestone: 

The world number one T20I bowler was one of the two wicket-takers for England in the second T20I against India. The wily left arm spinner picked up the important wicket of Shafali Verma on the very last ball of the powerplay. She claimed a brilliant caught and bowled to get rid of the dangerous opening batter.

Smriti Mandhana: 

The left-handed opening batter of India led the run chase from the front with an undefeated 79 off 53 in the second T20I against England. She smashed 13 boundaries and won the player of the match award. In the process, she stitched a 55-run partnership with her opening partner Verma and 69-run partnership with captain Harmanpreet Kaur for the third wicket. 

Sneh Rana: 

The right arm off spinner of India was the most successful bowler for the team in the second T20I against England. She picked up 24/3 in four overs, getting rid of England’s middle order in Bryony Smith, captain Amy Jones, and Maia Bouchier. She bowled as many as 10 dot balls and was consistent with her lines and lengths, not conceding a single extra.

Pitch

The venue has hosted five women’s T20Is so far. The teams batting first have won three and the teams batting second have won two. The average first innings score is 148 and the average second innings score is 127. Expect a high scoring contest.

Weather

The weather is expected to see times of clouds and sun. The maximum temperature attained during the day could be 19 degrees Celsius. There will be 67 percent cloud cover and just five percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-northwest.

Also Read:  2nd ODI: England v India Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Fantasy Playing XI

Richa Ghosh, Harmanpreet Kaur, Smriti Mandhana, Sophia Dunkley, Alice Capsey, Deepti Sharma, Sneh Rana, Sarah Glenn, Frey Kemp, Renuka Singh Thakur, Sophie Ecclestone

Match details

Date: September 15, 2022

Time: 11PM IST

Venue: County Ground, Bristol

Live streaming: Sony Sports Network, DD Sports

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here