“The Hundred has been crucial for the women’s game,” says Alice Capsey

Teen sensation, Alice Capsey, since her rise and first-hand experience of international cricket has certainly become one to watch out for. The 18-year-old has got a huge assignment in front of her against India to do well in and leave a better impression of her as an all-rounder. Alice, in the pre-series presser, shared a lot which is briefed to you below.

Alice Capsey. PC: Getty Images
Alice Capsey. PC: Getty Images

On The Hundred, Alice Capsey said to Sky Sports, “The Hundred has been crucial for the women’s game. Women’s cricket can be exciting and it’s about gaining momentum and getting more people to the game. We had new records, not just for standards of cricket, but also fans and attendance. I definitely hope it rolls on, it is making leaps and bounds. We are excited to be part of it, and we all enjoy playing it.”

On England’s head coach Lisa Keightley, Alice Capsey said, “She really puts players first, it’s very goal driven. We are putting all our focus on the India series.”

Alice on being a part of the squad, “I’m in very good spirits heading into this series. I’m just really excited to be a part of this group.”

On Nat Sciver, Alice Capsey said, “Nat is really experienced and a great, cool and calm person to be around for a young player like me.”

England had lost to India in a thrilling semi-final at the Commonwealth Games and Alice Capsey when asked on the same said, “We lost to India at the Commonwealth Games but it was a couple of weeks ago. This is a fresh start for us.”

Also Read:  Women's Ashes 2023 Schedule Announced, 5 Day Test Match introduced

Capsey on the squad being relatively young said, “Most of us are at the start of our careers and we are just really excited and ready to get going.”

Alice Capsey, the bowler got to say, “Whenever I’m thrown the ball, I want to be a part of the contest.”

England’s home series against India kicks off tomorrow at the Riverside Ground with the 1st of three T20Is on the 10th of September. The series sees 6 white-ball games starting with the T20Is and will have 3 ODI games follow.

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here