India’s Squad for England Tour announced; Jhulan Goswami, Kiran Navgire included

On the 19th of August 2022, the Broad of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced squads for India’s tour of England. The tour consists of a three-match ODI series and a three-match T20I series. The T20I games will be played on September 10, 13, and 15 while the ODI games will be played on September 18, 21, and 24.

India's Squad for England Tour announced; Jhulan Goswami, Kiran Navgire included
India’s Squad for England Tour announced; Jhulan Goswami, Kiran Navgire included

A few highlights from the Harmanpreet Kaur lead Indian squad with Smriti Mandhana as deputy sees :

• 27-year-old, K.P. Navgire gets her maiden international call-up, named in the T20I squad.

• Richa Ghosh is back among the mix in the T20I side.

• Pace veteran, Jhulan Goswami is back in the ODI squad.

• Dayalan Hemalatha who’d last played an ODI in the home series against South Africa in 2021 is back in the squad and is making her T20I return for the first time since 2019.

• Jemimah Rodrigues who’s ruled out of the Hundred due to a wrist fracture is named in both the T20I and ODI squad.

India’s ODI squad for England tour

Harmanpreet Kaur (C), Smriti Mandhana (VC), Shafali Verma, Sabbhineni Meghana, Deepti Sharma, Taniya Sapna Bhatia (WK), Yastika Bhatia (WK), Pooja Vastrakar, Sneh Rana, Renuka Thakur, Meghna Singh, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Harleen Deol, Dayalan Hemalatha, Simran Dil Bahadur, Jhulan Goswami, Jemimah Rodrigues.

India’s T20I squad for England tour

Harmanpreet Kaur (C), Smriti Mandhana (VC), Shafali Verma, Deepti Sharma, Pooja Vastrakar, Jemimah Rodrigues, Sneh Rana, Renuka Thakur, Meghna Singh, Radha Yadav, Sabbhineni Meghana, Taniya Sapna Bhatia (WK), Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Dayalan Hemalatha, Simran Dil Bahadur, Richa Ghosh (WK), K.P. Navgire.

Also Read:  Match 3: India A v India B Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

All 6 games of the series are scheduled to be played at different venues. The T20I opener will be played at the Riverside in Durham and the remaining couple of T20I’s will be played at the Incora County Ground, Derby and Bristol County Ground, Bristol. The opening ODI game will be played at the 1st Central County Ground, Hove with the next couple set to be played at Canterbury and Lord’s.

The women in blue last took the field on the 7th of August, the day they’d worn silver medals around their necks on the English soil after losing to Australia in the finals by a teasing margin of 9 runs in women’s cricket debut season at the recently concluded Commonwealth Games.

Eyeing the silverware at stake in the upcoming T20 World Cup that’ll be played early next year in South Africa, India will start working with a blueprint starting with the series against England wanting a title finish. The ODI series against England will be India’s 2nd w.r.t women’s championship, they’d begun the cycle against Sri Lanka in July and with a 3-0 clean sweep are off to a great start.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here