India Women tour of West Indies 2019 Announced : Schedule

Indian Women’s cricket team will tour to the Caribbean Islands to play a three-match ODI series against the West Indies Women’s team. The three-match series will start on the 1st of November. The ODI games will be played in the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in Antigua. The second and third games would be played on the 3rd and 6th of November respectively.

India Women tour of West Indies
India Women tour of West Indies

After the culmination of the ODI series, the Indian team will also play the West Indies team in the five-match T20I series. The T20I series will be played in Saint Lucia and Guyana. The Darren Sammy Cricket Ground in Saint Lucia will host two games on the 9th and 10th of November. The National Stadium in Guyana will host 3 games on 14th, 17th and 20th of November.

Indian Women’s team who finish their series against South Africa on the 14th of October will have a two-week break before they set off for their West Indies tour. West Indies, on the other hand, had a torrid time against the Australian team, losing the series 3-0 will have ample time to work on their game. West Indies Women would also be hoping to have some of their key players back from injury and prepare well for the India series.

Both the series are vital to the West Indies team, finding the right combination ahead of the World Cup and giving ample amount of time for the players to settle down with their roles within the team.

BCCI has also announced the Squad for the West Indies tour, The T20 Squad that is playing against the South Africa Women’s team has been retained. Sushma Verma has been added to the ODI squad.

Also Read:  Summary: 1st T20I - Shafali Verma and Smriti Mandhana’s record partnership help India go 1-0 up against West Indies

Indian Women’s ODI squad for West Indies Tour:

Mithali Raj (Capt), Harmanpreet Kaur (vc), Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Deepti Sharma, Punam Raut, D Hemalatha, Jhulan Goswami, Shikha Pandey, Mansi Joshi, Poonam Yadav, Ekta Bisht, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Taniya Bhatia (wk), Priya Punia, Sushma Verma

Indian Women’s T20I squad for West Indies tour:

Harmanpreet Kaur (Captain), Smriti Mandhana (vice-captain), Jemimah Rodrigues, Shafali Verma, Harleen Deol, Deepti Sharma, Taniya Bhatia (wicket-keeper), Poonam Yadav, Radha Yadav, Veda Krishnamurthy, Anuja Patil, Shikha Pandey, Pooja Vastrakar, Mansi Joshi, Arundhati Reddy

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here