Indian women’s team fined 20% of their match fees due to slow over rate

On Sunday, during the match between India and England, the slow over-rate during the second inning has cost the Indian women’s cricket team 20% of their match fees. India won the match by 8 runs but got a cut in their match fees.

India snatch a victory against England in 2nd T20I at Hove
India snatch a victory against England in 2nd T20I at Hove

The Indian women’s team put up a score of 148 batting first and pulled off an amazing comeback in the last 6 overs of the second inning, where the England batting line-up collapsed, courtesy of Deepti Sharma and Poonam Yadav.

According to an ICC press release, Harmanpreet Kaur and co. are fined 20% of their match fees for maintaining a slow over-rate in the second inning of the match.

“Phil Whitticase of the Emirates ICC International Panel of Match Referees imposed the sanction after Harmanpreet Kaur’s side was ruled to be one over short of the target after time allowances were taken into consideration,” the ICC release said.

“In accordance with Article 2.22 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, which relates to minimum over-rate offenses, players are fined 20 percent of their match fees for every over their side fails to bowl in the allotted time,” it added.

The release further said that Indian captain Harmanpreet Kaur has pleaded guilty and accepted the fine. So now there will be no need for a formal hearing. On-field umpires Ian Blackwell and Paul Baldwin, third umpire Sue Redfern, and fourth umpire Tim Robinson leveled the charge.

With the T20I series leveled, India and England will now play the series decider on July 14 at the County Ground in Chelmsford. The multi-format series currently stands in the favor of England at 8-6. India will have to win the last match to level the multi-format series and to win the T20 series.

Also Read:  I'm pretty keen to open the batting, that's no secret : says Lauren Winfield-Hill ahead of 1st ODI vs India

Source: ICC Release

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here