Who are the Uncapped Players from Australia for upcoming series against India?

India and Australia Women are scheduled to play multi-format series consisting of 3 ODIs, a one-off test, and 3 T20Is starting September 21 in Australia.

The home team led by Meg Lanning will be missing out on three of their experienced players Megan Schutt, Jess Jonassen, and Belinda Vakarewa who make way for uncapped players – fast bowler Maitlan Brown, 19 years old bowler Stella Campbell and all-rounder Hannah Darlington of the same age and wicket-keeper batter Georgia Redmayne.

Maitlan Brown

Maitlan Brown. PC: Photo: Getty Images
Maitlan Brown. PC: Photo: Getty Images

24 years old Maitlan Brown suffered a major blow to her career last year when she got injured during Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL) just as she was playing her career-best form for Melbourne Renegades. However, she has recovered well and has signed a three-year contract with Sydney Sixers, and is all geared up for her Test debut.

After the squad announcement, Brown said, “It’s so exciting. When I got the phone call the other day I couldn’t believe it, it sorts of took me by surprise, coming from being injured to being psyched to being in the squad is awesome and I’m really excited.”

Stella Campbell

Stella campbell: Aussie quick Stella Campbell hopeful of making ODI debut against  India
Stella campbell: Aussie quick Stella Campbell hopeful of making ODI debut against India

From graduating high school in late 2020 to now being called up to represent Australia, bowler, Stella Campbell has had a very successful career. She made her debut at the age of 17 during the 2019-2020 season for Sixers and NSW Breakers and has been performing well since then.

Also Read:  Match 10: Warriors v Spirit Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Shawn Flegler, the National Selector said, “Stella is yet another young fast bowler to have come through the pathway and adds another layer of depth to an emerging pace-bowling group. She’s a tall, bouncy fast bowler who we feel could be a real option throughout the series, particularly with the conditions in Perth.”

Hannah Darlington

Hannah Darlington becomes youngest contracted player
Hannah Darlington becomes youngest contracted player

Betty Wilson Young Cricketer of the Year for 2021 winner, all-rounder Hannah Darlington will look forward to being Australia’s third indigenous woman in the sport. A star player for Sydney Thunder in Women’s Big Bash League and New South Wales Breakers in the Women’s National Cricket League, she was given a maiden call up during Australia’s tour to New Zealand in March this year though didn’t make it to the playing XI then.

Georgia Redmayne

Georgia Redmayne plays for Brisbane Heat in WBBL
Georgia Redmayne plays for Brisbane Heat in WBBL

27 years old, Georgia Redmayne performed exceptionally well for Queensland during the Women’s National Cricket League and also for Brisbane Heat during Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL). She has the title of a doctor along with a cricketer in front of her name and now as a capped player of the Australian cricket team as well.

After her selection, Redmayne said, “I’d kind of resigned myself to the fact that I could keep scoring runs in domestic cricket and still never get a go, because of the time I’m playing in, so it was nice to get that call and get one step closer (to a debut).”

Australia Women Squad-:

Meg Lanning (C), Rachael Haynes (VC), Darcie Brown, Maitlan Brown, Stella Campbell, Nicola Carey, Hannah Darlington, Ashleigh Gardner, Alyssa Healy, Tahlia McGrath, Sophie Molineux, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Georgia Redmayne, Molly Strano, Annabel Sutherland, Tayla Vlaeminck, Georgia Wareham

Also Read:  Match 12: Brisbane Heat v Melbourne Renegades | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

This team is a combination of both youngsters and experienced players. Though missing out on some top names, it looks like a good line up and it would be exciting to watch out India and Australia play from 21st September.

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here