Match 5: Prathyusha Challuru’s all-round effort guides Kini RR Sports to 22-Run Victory

The fifth match of the T20 India Nippon Cup was played between Kini RR Sports and Ameya Sports at Samprasiddhi Sports Estadio, Bangalore, on January 6, in the morning.

Prathyusha Challuru's all-round effort guides Kini RR Sports to 22-Run Victory
Prathyusha Challuru’s all-round effort guides Kini RR Sports to a 22-Run Victory. PC: Falcon Sports Club / Instagram

Veda Krishnamurthy, captain of Ameya Sports, won the toss and elected to field first. Put in to bat, Kini RR Sports piled up a respectable score of 140-5 in 20 overs. The opening pair of Vellaswamy Vanitha (36) and Roshni Kiran (17) provided a solid start to the team as they stitched a solid partnership of 43 runs in 8 overs. Down the order, Kini RR Sports skipper Challuru Prathyusha (34 not out) and Arundhati Reddy (24) came together to take the team total to a competitive 140. Prathyusha smashed six boundaries, while Reddy packed a punch with three sixes and a boundary during her eight-ball blitzkrieg. For Ameya Sports, it was off-spinner Anuja Patil, who was the pick of the bowlers, as she scalped 3-39 in her four overs.

In reply, Ameya Sports chasing a formidable 141 were reduced to 118-7 in 20 overs, losing the match by 22 runs. Though opening bat Thirush Kamini (37) got off to a solid start, she kept losing partners at regular intervals. Nikki Prasad (22) and Mona Meshram (23) started well but failed to capitalize. On the other hand, Kini RR Sports bowlers kept coming at the Ameya Sports’ batters and did not let them score freely. Left-arm spinner Radha Yadav was the star performer with the ball for Kini RR Sports as she accounted for 3-9 in her four overs, including one maiden. Yadav was well supported by skipper Challuru Prathyusha who picked up 2-26 in her four.

Also Read:  A heartfelt letter from a fan to Indian Women's Cricket Team ahead of World Cup Finals

Kini RR Sports’ Challuru Prathyusha won the Player of the Match award for her match-winning all-round effort. She scored 34 runs and picked up 2-26 in her four overs.

Both the teams will play their next match on Friday at the same venue. Kini RR Sports will play against Sheen Sports, while Ameya Sports will lock horns against Heron Sports.

Brief Scores: 

Kini RR Sports 140-5 in 20 overs (V Vanitha 36, C Prathyusha 34 not out; A Patil 3-39)

defeated

Ameya Sports 118-7 in 20 overs (T Kamini 37, M Meshram 23; R Yadav 3-9, C Prathyusha 2-26) by 22 runs

Points Table

Position Team Played Won Lost Tied No result Points Net run rate
1 Sheen Sports 3 2 0 0 1 5 +0.830
2 Kini RR Sports 3 2 1 0 0 4 +0.017
3 Ameya Sports 3 1 2 0 0 2 -0.493
4 Heron Sports 3 0 2 0 1 1 -0.133

Updated after Match 6

For latest updates on ‘India Nippon Cup,’ follow us on Instagram and Twitter

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here