Match 2: Austria v Spain Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The second match of the 2022 France Women’s T20I Quadrangular Series will be played between Austria and Spain at Dreux Sport Cricket Club in Dreux on May 5. 

Match Preview – Match 2: Austria v Spain Women

Head to Head

Austria and Spain will be playing their first ever T20I. Also this will be Spain’s debut T20I.

Squads

Austria: Gandhali Bapat (c, wk), Rezarta Avdylaj, Valentina Avdylaj, Harjivan Bhullar, Bangalore Chamundaiah, Smriti Kohli, Anisha Nookala, Mahadewa Pathirannehelage, Priya Sabu, Ashmaan Saifee, Hannah Simpson-Parker, Jo-Antoinette Stiglitz, Raphaela Trobinger, Busra Uca

Spain: Elspeth Fowler (c), Samaia Basharat, Amy Brown-Carrera, Hifsa Butt, Rabia Iqbal, Zenab Iqbal, Jaspreet Kaur, Simranjit Kaur, Wania Malik, Tashiba Mirza, Memoona Muhammad, Rabia Mushtaq, Muskan Naseeb, Aliza Saleem, Uswa Syed

Players to watch out for

Harjivan Bhullar:

She is a right handed batter and right arm leg spinner from Austria, who has featured in 18 T20Is since her international debut in 2019. Bhullar has scored 82 runs in 16 innings, including the best of 13 not out.

Jo Antoinette Stiglitz: 

She is a right handed batter and a right arm off spinner from Austria. She has played 13 T20Is between 2020 and 2021 and has scored 108 runs in 11 innings including the best of 42 not out. With the ball she has a couple of wickets.

Jaspreet Grang Kaur: 

She is a right handed batter and a right arm seamer from Spain. She is a genuine all-rounder and can make useful contributions with both bat and ball.

Aliza Fatima Saleem: 

She is a wicket-keeper and a right handed batter from Spain. Her role behind the stumps as well as in front of it will be important for her team’s success.

Also Read:  Match 15: Netherlands vs Austria | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Pitch

This will be the second women’s T20I that will be played at this venue after the first that was played just hours before this match. The wicket will be nice and fresh. A riveting contest between bat and ball is expected.

Weather

Spotty drizzle in the morning; otherwise, low clouds and fog breaking for some sun is expected through the day. There will be 71 percent cloud cover and 40 percent chance of precipitation. The average temperature will be around 20 degrees Celsius and the wind will blow from the northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Aliza Fatima Saleem, Gandhali Bapat, Harjivan Bhullar, Priya Sabu, Uswa Syed, Jaspreet Grang Kaur, Jo Antoinette Stiglitz, Muskan Naseeb, Elspeth Fowler, Rabia Mushtaq, Valentina Avdylaj

Match details

Date: May 5, 2022

Time: 6.30pm IST

Venue: Dreux Sport Cricket Club, Dreux, France

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here