England have won the 2017 edition of Women's World Cup deservingly. England Women played their best and gave all time best performances to clinch the WWC title. During this course, they broke and made many records to get their names registered in the record books of Women's cricket.
Following are some of the noteworthy contributions from this team -
1. Player of the Tournament - Tammy Beaumont
Opener Tammy Beaumont made 410 runs in 9 innings and became the highest run scorer of this world cup. She was adjourned 'Player of the tournament’ for her phenomenal performance. Also, Beaumont is only the 2nd English player to score 400+ runs in single edition of Women's WC.
2. England Women made 4 highest partnerships of this edition as per wickets which are as following:-
● 275 runs partnership for 2nd wicket between TT Beaumont and Sarah Taylor against South Africa is the highest partnership for any wicket in WWC till date
● 3rd wicket partnership of 213 runs between Heather Knight and NR Sciver is the highest for 3rd wicket in a WWC event
● TT Beaumont and NR Sciver added 170 runs for 4th wicket which is highest in WWC
● 7th wicket partnership between KH Brunt and JL Gunn is also highest in any world cup
3. Riding on some spectacular partnerships, England Women made two of the highest team totals of this tournament:-
● 377/7 is not only the highest team total of England but also the 2nd highest total by any team in WWC
● 373/5 is the 2nd highest team total of WWC 2017, made by England Women against SA Women in Bristol on 5th July 2017
4. England won all the matches in which they batted first in this World Cup including the final.
5. England have now won all the editions of WWC which they have hosted i.e. 1973, 1993 and 2017
6. England is the only team to score 300+ runs more than once in this edition of WWC. Also, they have added 10 300+ scores in Women's ODIs so far, which is also a record.
7. Two English players are among the fastest century makers of this world cup:-
● Natalie Sciver struck a 76 ball century against Pakistan Women in Leicester
● Sarah Taylor made 3rd fastest century of 2017 WWC off just 80 balls
8. Katherine Brunt bowled the most number of maiden (10) and dot balls (269) in the recently concluded ICC Women's World Cup.
9. Anya Shrubsole is the only player to take a six-wicket haul in the final of an ODI world cup (men or women). This was virtually the deciding factor of 2017 WWC. Also, she is the highest wicket taker for England in this edition of WWC.
10. FC Wilson took most catches (3) in an innings on 2nd July while playing against Sri Lanka Women.
11. KH Brunt has the 2nd best strike rate and economy rate of this tournament only after Jhulan Goswami of India.
The above statistical figures are some of the best records of Women's cricket especially in event like World Cup and England Women have surely raised their level ever since the inception of WWC in 1973.