It's a perfect 10 on 10 for India and it's time to celebrate. What a win it has been! The history has been repeated as India thrashed Pakistan by 95 runs in a low scoring game.
With around 5 lakh people watching this match on Hotstar and Star Sports and a good number of supporters cheering up their female brigade in the stands (one group of Indian supporters ware seen showing a formation and written on it was - We are here to support women's cricket). Women in Blue lived up to their expectations with today's huge win.
Both India and Pakistan got 3 on 3 today. It's because India Women have now won 3 matches in as many games played in this tournament, while Pakistan have lost all the three games they have played so far.
Let's take a look at some statistical figures of this game:-
Toss - Won by India who elected to bat first
India - 169/9 (50 overs)
Pakistan - 74 all out (38.1 overs)
Highest wicket taker for Pakistan - Nashra Sandhu ( 4 wickets conceding just 26 runs in her 10 overs )
Highest wicket taker for India - Ekta Bisht ( 5/18 in 10 overs including 2 maidens)
Player of the match - Ekta Bisht (India)
The results may have come out to be as per expectations but the way Indians won this, was quite unpredictable. A lot of apprehensions were hovering around after India's low scoring batting innings. There was considerable doubt of whether the Indian team would be able to defend the small total.
The strong Indian batting line up was hugely troubled by brilliant bowling by Pakistani spinners from the start till the end.
1st wicket fell in the 4th over itself and none other than India’s budding star S. Mandhana was given LBW on an in-swinger by Diana Baig. With immense level of confidence gained by Mandhana's wicket, Diana went on to produce a brilliant spell of well controlled and accurate bowling. Phenomenal field placement by Captain Sana Mir deprived off Indian batters from even singles. Frustration kept on building up ultimately resulting in fall of wickets at regular intervals.
Following are some stats summarizing mind-blowing bowling effort by Pakistani team during India's batting innings:-
1. 1st boundary for India came in 9th over.
2. After the end of 1st powerplay, India were 17 for the lose of 1 wicket.
3. There were 52 dot balls in first 10 overs.
4. India's 50 runs came in 17.5 overs, 100 in 30.2 overs and 150 in 47.3 overs.
5. After 25 overs, India's score was 85/2.
6. Two wickets (M. Raj and D. Sharma) were taken in 27th over through DRS system.
7. Harmanpreet Kaur was caught by a spectacular catch by Sana Mir in 35th over.
8. Indian batters were finding it hard to find gaps throughout their innings.
9. Except Punam Raut and Sushma Verma, no Indian batter was able to hit boundaries.
Pakistan seemed to have taken a psychological advantage by restricting India to a low low. But they let the match slip from their hands as a fairly contestable match started looking a one sided affair within first 10 overs of Pakistan's innings.
India got its first breakthrough in 2nd over, Ayesha being given LBW out. Indian bowling attack led by Ekta Bisht never let Pakistan come back into the contest after they were reduced to 20/4 in first 10 overs.
A miser total of 170 seemed to be as big as 270 or so as one after the other, wickets kept falling. After 9th wicket fall, Pakistani captain S. Mir tired to delay the win but could not stop the inevitable.
A hand full of records were also made in this match:-
1. 1st World Cup appearance for Indian pacer Mansi Joshi
2. 169/9 is India’s lowest score against Pakistan batting first in Women's ODI.
3. Mansi Joshi and Jhulan Goswami took their 1st wicket in 2017 women’s world cup.
4. Ekta Bisht 5th highest wicket taker for India in ODIs.
5. Ekta Bisht 3rd Indian to take a five wicket haul in a World Cup event.
6. Ekta Bisht 1st Indian to take 2 five wicket hauls in a year in Women's ODI.
7. India's 3rd consecutive win over Pakistan in world cup.
8. India now on the top of the points table.
So!!! The party has already begun…. It's high time to congratulate the entire Indian team as the Women in Blue deserve an applause for their mind-blowing performance.
That's all for now. Do subscribe to our Youtube Channel .