Here are some impressive facts about female cricket
1. First Ever women’s ODI match was played at Lord on 4th August,1976.
2. In 1997, Belinda Clark the Aussie batswomen scored 229* runs and made a world record of highest individual score. It was the highest in both men and women’s game until Rohit Sharma surpassed it in 2014.
3. Priyanka Roy was the only female cricketer to take 5 wickets in a t-20 world cup and she did it way before Umar Gul , who was the first to receive this feat in male’s cricket.
4. Jhulan Goswami set a record of best match bowling figure with 10/78 against England in 2006.
5. Mithali Raj beat Virat Kohli for Padma Shri award (the fourth highest civilian award in republic of India). She is also the recipient of Arjuna Award.
6. Australian women’s cricket team has the most world cup titles i.e 6 titles in ODI world cup and 3 in T20 world cup.
7. Indian team won their first Asia Cup in 2004. They subsequently won 3 more Asia Cups. With 5 titles in hand, team India is the most successful team of the tournament.
8. Charlotte Edwards of England is the highest run scorer of the ODI. With 5992 runs in 191 matches and an average of 38.16.
9. Catheryn Fitzpatrick of Australia is the highest wicket taker of the game. With 180 wickets in 109 matches.
10. In October 2010, Rachael Heyhoe Flint, the English batswoman was inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame. She was the first woman to achieve this accolade.