Let’s know about the third team of Women’s Challengers Trophy 2018 – India Green.
The 13-member squad of India Green team is as follows –
Veda Krishnamurthy (Captain), Jemimah Rodrigues, Priya Punia, Devika Vaidya, Monikha Das, Arundathi Reddy, Sushma Verma (wicket-keeper), Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Krutika Chaudhari (replaced injured Fatima Jaffer), Sushree Dibyadarshini, Sukanya Parida, Jhulan Goswami and Sajana S.
With players like Veda Krishnamurthy, Rajeshwari Gayakwad and Jhulan Goswami holding the prime responsibility of the team’s good performance with immense experience in their kitty, this India Green team has three (3) newcomers :-
1. Arundathi Reddy – Born on 4th October 1997, this Andhra Pradesh girl represents Hyderabad Women team in domestic cricket. She is a right-hand medium fast bowler and has led Hyderabad U-19 team in 2014. Also, she has been a part of India ‘A’ team.
2. Krutika Chaudhari – Injury to Fatima Jaffer has proved to be a blessing and surprise opportunity for this 21-year-old all-rounder from Gujarat. She is another medium fast bowler and right-hand batter for India Green and her bowling figures (2-0-11-1) in the team’s first match in 2018 Challengers Trophy, speaks of the talent that she has.
3. Sajana S – This 23-year-old Adivasi woman led Kerala team to win U-23 title recently. Blessed with a tall height, the spinner took 14 wickets in the U-23 domestic tournament and has become popular for brilliant fielding skills. A huge fan of Mithali Raj, apart from cricket, she excelled in athletics (Hugh Jump and Shot Put).
Apart of these newcomers, Sushree Dibyadarshini, the 21-year-old right-arm off spinner from Odisha started playing domestic cricket way back in 2010-11 and has been part of U-19, U-23 and India ‘A’ team. She led the U-23 team recently. Also, she played in warm-up matches against Pakistan in 2013 World Cup.
Do the mighty ‘Jemimah Rodrigues’ need any introduction??? She has been one of the best discoveries of selection committee and is performing so well that it won’t take much time to cement her place in the national team. This all-rounder has the ability to turn around the winds and be like a live fire into the game.
Captain Veda can be destructive beyond your imagination on her days and the accurate bowling by Rajeshwari is nearly unmatchable.
Last but not the least, Jhulan Goswami is the backbone of this India Green team who can destroy any batting line-up with its formidable bowling attack.
Now let’s take a look at the upcoming match schedule for India Green:-
1. 15th and 18th August – versus India Blue
2. 16th and 19th August – versus India Red