Match 15: Barmy Army v Warriors Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The 15th match of the Fairbreak Global Invitational T20 tournament will be played between Barmy Army and Warriors at Dubai International Cricket stadium on May 12. 

Match Preview – Match 15: Barmy Army v Warriors Women

Match 15: Barmy Army v Warriors Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads

Barmy Army: Heather Knight (captain), Selina Solman, Laura Wolvaardt, Tara Norris, Deandra Dottin, Henriette Ishimwe, Kavisha Kumari, Shemaine Campbell, Iqra Sahar, Fatima Sana, Rumana Ahmed, Laura Cardoso, Roberta Moretti Avery, Rubina Chhetri, Ruchitha Venkatesh

Warriors: Sindhu Sriharsha (captain), Hayley Matthews, Georgia Redmayne, Mignon du Preez, Kathryn Bryce, Shamilia Connell, Esha Oza, Mariana Martinez, Celeste Raack, Udeshika Prabodhani, Yasmeen Khan, Shameelah Mosweu, Shanzeen Shahzad, Bella Poon, Jennifer Alumbro

Players to watch out for

Laura Wolvaardt: 

The right handed top order batter from South Africa, who plays for Barmy Army, top scored with 65 runs off 45 balls to help her side post 148 in 20 overs against Sapphires in the last match. Coming in at number three in the second over of the innings, Wolvaardt batted through till the 19th over.

Rumana Ahmed: 

The right arm leg spinner from Bangladesh was the pick of the bowlers for Barmy Army as she scalped 3-22 in four overs, including one maiden, in her last outing against Sapphires. She was the most economical bowler in the team too.

Esha Oza:

This all-rounder from UAE was the top performer with the ball for Warriors in her last match against Spirit. She picked up 1-22 in four overs and was the most economical bowler. Apart from her bowling, she is an opening batter.

Also Read:  ICC Women's T20 World Cup Qualifiers - Ireland Women squad announced

Yasmeen Khan:

The right handed middle order batter from Namibia starred with the bat as she mustered 27 runs off 28 balls. She came in to bat in the ninth over when her team was struggling at 4-36. She steadied the ship and was there in the middle till the 19th over.

Pitch

In the last night match that was played here, batting in the second innings did not look easy. The team batting first won the match. More than 230 runs were scored through the course of the game. 14 wickets fell in the last match. Spinners enjoyed bowling on this wicket.

Weather

The weather is expected to be clear and warm. The average temperature will be around 26 degrees Celsius. There will be no cloud cover and there is no chance of rain. The wind is expected to blow from the south-southwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Georgia Redmayne, Laura Wolvaardt, Esha Oza, Yasmeen Khan, Deandra Dottin, Hayley Matthews, Heather Knight, Rumana Ahmed, Tara Norris, Fatima Sana, Celeste Raack

Match details

Date: May 12, 2022

Time: 9.30pm IST

Venue: Dubai International Stadium

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here