- Anuja Patil is an Indian professional cricketer born on 28 June 1992 in Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India.
- She is a right-handed batswoman and bowls right-arm off-spin.
- She started playing cricket in 2004.
- Anuja’s father, who too was a Cricketer, drew her towards the sport.
- Anuja used to play tennis ball cricket with her father and uncle.
- She made her International T20 cricket debut, India Women vs. England Women on 29 September 2012.
- She is yet to make her debut in ODIs.
- Anuja represented the Indian team in the 2012 and 2016 Women World Cup, organized in Sri Lanka and in India, respectively.
- She also played in the Asia Women Cup in 2012 and 2016 in China and Thailand, respectively.
- She has played over 30 T20 matches for India, has been a regular T20 national player since 2016.
- In October 2018, she was named in India’s squad for the 2018 ICC Women’s World Twenty20 tournament in the West Indies.
- Anuja feels that captaincy has helped her reduce her short temper and made her empathize with her teammates.
- She also believes that captaincy teaches one to think about the team before oneself.
- Anuja is a great admirer of Yuvraj Singh and MS Dhoni
- She loves watching movies especially the inspirational ones or love stories.
- T20 is her favorite format of the game
Team Female Cricket wishes Anuja all the very best for all her future games.
Female Cricket is a digital news portal that aims to spread, share and celebrate the journey of our female cricketers around the world.