– Nuzhat Parveen was born on 5 September 1996, in Singrauli, MP.
– Her interest in sports was seen from a very young age.
– Nuzhat used to play gully Cricket with her school mates from childhood.
– But she was not a Cricket lover since the beginning.
– She loved football and was the captain of the MP U-16 team.
– Nuzhat was also a gold medallist in state athletics.
– Her journey in cricket started in 2011 when a women’s team for an inter-district tournament was formed in Singrauli.
– And the administration did not have enough players.
– Nuzhat who was a junior national football player then was invited to be part of the team and has never looked back ever since.
– Gloves always attracted her so she chose to play as a wicketkeeper.
– She would travel by bus from Singrauli to Rewa, nine hours by road, for 15-20 days in 3 months to practice under her coach.
– In 2012-13, based on her performance, she was selected as vice-captain in the Central Zone under-19 women’s cricket team.
– Nuzhat made her T20I Debut on 18 Nov 2016 vs WI and ODI debut against Ireland on 15th May 2017.
– Nuzhat was once told by her elder brother that ‘Luck is nothing but meeting point of hard work and opportunity’ and this helped her a lot to work better.
– She is greatly inspired by Mithali Raj and decided to pursue Cricket as a full-time career only after meeting her in a tournament.
– She also follows England wicket-keeper Sarah Taylor.
– Besides MS Dhoni is Nuzhat’s Cricket Idol and she is deeply motivated with his skills.
– Despite missing classes due to practice, Nuzhat scored 91.8% in the 12th.
– Nuzhat is pursuing a B-Com via distance education course while pursuing cricket dreams.
Nuzhat is an inspiration to so many girls, team Female Cricket salutes her spirit!
Female Cricket is a digital news portal that aims to spread, share and celebrate the journey of our female cricketers around the world.