An Attacking Right handed Batswoman,
A Terrific Fielder,
A Game Changer,
A Black Belt holder,
A Virtuoso of Inside out shot,
The one who keeps the Indian Women Cricket team Dugout Positive and jubilant,
I hope you Speculated her,
It’s none other than our Indian Women Cricketer Veda Krishnamurthy
1. She was born on 16th October 1992 in a small town Kadur at Karnataka. She is the youngest daughter of a cable operator.
Taking inspiration from Mithali Raj, she had made up her mind to become a cricketer. She started her cricket training in Karnataka Institute of Cricket when she was 13.
2. She made her International Cricket debut in One Day Internationals on 30th june 2011 against England at Derby. She started her Career on a great note by scoring a Half-Century on her Debut match. She is an architect of inside-out shot and also a gun-fielder and has picked up many unbelievable catches.
3. She has struggled for form in the middle of her career. But she never gave-up her confidence and continued to play her natural attacking game. Later on, she worked on her defence, she has averaged over 34 with 4 fifties in 18 innings.
4. She was not picked up in the starting matches of the 2017 World cup. At last she got a chance to play against Sri Lanka but she failed. She came back all guns blazing by scoring a stunning half-century, where she smashed 70 off 45 balls in a Virtual World Cup quarter-final for India against New Zealand. This innings was the defining moment of her career and continued her good form in the further matches but she lost her wicket at the crucial time of the World Cup Final but showed some great character throughout the tournament.
5. After the World Cup 2017, she played for Hobart Hurricanes franchise in the 3rd season of the WBBL which was conducted by Australian Cricket Board. She was the 3rd Indian player to get this opportunity but she didn’t have a great season and also struggled in international matches.
She wasn’t up to the mark in the recent matches but she is a strong contender of Indian Women’s Cricket team for 2018 T20 World Cup which is going to be held in West Indies. She can be used as a Trump Card for Indian Women Cricket team in pressure situations.