West Indies’ Squad for Bilateral Series against England Announced, Stafanie Taylor imssing

The West Indies women’s team after a home 8-match white-ball series against New Zealand are now again scheduled to play yet another 8-match white-ball series and this time around against the England women’s team. The series gets underway on the 4th of December with the 1st of a 3-match One-Day International (ODI) series and concludes with the 5th and final Twenty20 International (T20I) on December 22, 2022.

West Indies' Squad for Bilateral Series against England Announced, Stafanie Taylor imssing
West Indies’ Squad for Bilateral Series against England Announced, Stafanie Taylor missing

The Cricket West Indies (CWI) selection panel for their upcoming series against England has announced their 14-player squad for the 1st couple ODIs of the 3-match series that gets underway on the 4th of December at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in Antigua.

West Indies squad for 1st couple of ODI matches against England :

Hayley Matthews (C), Shakera Selman (VC), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shemaine Campbelle, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Sheneta Grimmond, Chinelle Henry, Kycia Knight, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Kaysia Schultz, Rashada Williams

The squad sees the experienced Keeper-batter duo of Kycia Knight and Shemaine Campbelle return to the ODI squad, while veteran, Stafanie Taylor has missed out on making the cut in failing to fully recover from the injury she suffered during the third ODI against New Zealand in September.

Selector head, Ann Browne-John, said, “The return of Shemaine Campbelle and Kycia Knight to the ODI squad after missing the last series due to injury will bolster the team in the absence of the experienced Stafanie Taylor who is still recuperating from injury sustained during September’s series against New Zealand.

“The CG United ODI matches are vital as points earned will take us a step closer towards automatic qualification for the next ICC Women’s World Cup in 2025. This series against England comes on the heels of the New Zealand tour to the West Indies and continues our important preparation for the upcoming Tri Series against India and South Africa and the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup to follow.

“It gives the players a great opportunity to develop and push for final selection for the Tri-Series and World Cup.”

Also Read:  3rd T20I: England v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The 5-match T20I series will serve both sides a perfect buildup leading into the upcoming, 2023 South Africa Women’s T20 World Cup, the 3-match ODI series will be a part of the International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s Championship.

The ICC Women’s Championship points table sees the West Indies having suffered a 1-2 series defeat to New Zealand currently seeded 5th in the points table, while England having suffered a 0-3 whitewash to India currently seeded 7th among the 8 teams who have played so far.

England Women’s tour of West Indies 2022 Schedule

DATE EVENT TIME (GMT) VENUE
04-Dec-2022 1st ODI 6:00 PM
Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground, Antigua
06-Dec-2022 2nd ODI 6:00 PM
09-Dec-2022 3rd ODI 6:00 PM
11-Dec-2022 1st T20I 10:00 PM Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground, Antigua
14-Dec-2022 2nd T20I 10:00 PM
Kensington Oval, Barbados
17-Dec-2022 3rd T20I 10:00 PM
18-Dec-2022 4th T20I 10:00 PM
22-Dec-2022 5th T20I 10:00 PM
(Quotes sourced from Cricket West Indies media release)
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here