3rd T20I: New Zealand vs England | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

With back-to-back clinical wins, England has taken the early lead in the 5-match Twenty20 Internationals (T20I) series against hosts New Zealand. The series decider, the 3rd T20I, will be played at Saxton Oval, Nelson, on the 24th of March, 2023, at 5:30 AM Indian Standard Time (IST).

3rd T20I: New Zealand vs England | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Squads:

New Zealand – Sophie Devine (C), Suzie Bates, Eden Carson, Bernadine Bezuidenhout (WK), Izzy Gaze (WK), Maddy Green, Mikaela Greig, Brooke Halliday, Amelia Kerr, Fran Jonas, Jess Kerr, Rosemary Mair, Georgia Plimmer, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

England – Heather Knight (C), Hollie Armitage, Tammy Beaumont, Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Charlie Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Lauren Filer, Danielle Gibson, Sarah Glenn, Bess Heath, Amy Jones, Linsey Smith

Players to watch out:

Sophie Devine

The 34-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, from 125 outings, has amassed 3124 runs and from 111 innings has bagged 115 wickets, with respective bests of 105 and 4/22. Sophie has been in good form with the ball, and in her first game this series returned figures of 2/30, while adding another brief score to the string. She’ll be backed to build on her starts and continue with her bowling form.

Rosemary Mair

The 25-year-old pacer, from 19 T20I innings, has picked up 16 wickets, including the best of 2/17, maintaining an economy rate of 6.66. Rosemary has been in outstanding form lately, and though she was wicketless in the T20I opener, she was back amongst the wickets the following game, registering figures of 2/25. It’ll be hoped she capitalizes on this form while also chipping in with the bat.

Also Read:  New Zealand Women's squad for series against England announced, starts 19th of March

Heather Knight

The 33-year-old top-order batter, averaging 24.76 and maintaining a strike rate of 119.57, has racked up 1857 runs from 109 T20Is and also, bowling part-time, has struck 21 wickets. Heather has led the team from the front, notching scores of 63 and 56* this series. She also scored a fifty in a warm-up game, and given the form she is in, she’ll be relied upon to continue leading the scoring.

Charlie Dean

The 23-year-old all-rounder, from 18 T20Is, has claimed 23 wickets, recording an economy rate of 6.50, and striking at 110.58 has added 94 runs to the tally from 7 outings. Charlie in the series opener registered figures of 0/21, and in the following game, not only produced figures of 2/28 but also scored crucial runs (16) late in the innings. She’ll be banked upon for the goods.

Pitch:

The 22 yards at Saxton Oval dish out a somewhat neutral playing field as the conditions are advantageous to both batters and bowlers. Pacers, in particular, benefit from the conditions, and a score in the 150s can be deemed as a competitive total on this wicket.

Weather:

It will be a pleasant day to be at Saxton Oval for cricket as partly cloudy skies promise minimal rain. The temperature is forecasted to hover around 20°C, with light winds and a humidity level of 78%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Amy Jones, Heather Knight, Tammy Beaumont, Suzie Bates, Maia Bouchier, Amelia Kerr, Sophie Devine, Danielle Gibson, Lauren Bell, Sarah Glenn, Charlie Dean

Match details:

Date – March 24, 2024

Time – 5:30 AM IST

Also Read:  Top 5 Thrilling T20I encounters between India and England Women

Venue – Saxton Oval, Nelson

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on Amazon Prime Video.

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here