1st T20I: New Zealand vs England | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Hosts New Zealand’s 5-match Twenty20 International (T20I) series against England gets underway on the 19th of March, 2024. The T20I opener is slated to be played at the University Oval, Dunedin, at 5:30 AM Indian Standard Time (IST).

University Oval, Dunedin.
University Oval, Dunedin.

Squads:

New Zealand – Suzie Bates (C), Eden Carson, Bernadine Bezuidenhout (WK), Izzy Gaze (WK), Maddy Green, Mikaela Greig, Brooke Halliday, Fran Jonas, Jess Kerr, Rosemary Mair, Georgia Plimmer, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

England – Heather Knight (C), Hollie Armitage, Tammy Beaumont, Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Charlie Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Lauren Filer, Danielle Gibson, Sarah Glenn, Bess Heath, Amy Jones, Linsey Smith

Players to watch out:

Suzie Bates

The 36-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, from 149 outings, has racked up 4118 runs and from 85 bowling innings has taken 56 wickets, with respective bests of 124* and 4/26. Suzie warmed up for the series registering scores of 47 and 1, and it’ll be expected of the seasoned campaigner to capitalize on this form.

Jess Kerr

The 26-year-old pacer, maintaining an economy rate of 6.11, has scalped 16 wickets from 25 T20Is and can also be handy with the bat lower down the order. Fresh off a decent T20 season in the Super Smash, where she struck 7 wickets from 10 matches at 5.36, it’ll be hoped she continues delivering the goods.

Tammy Beaumont

The 33-year-old keeper-batter, from 99 T20I appearances, has amassed 1721 runs, including the highest of 116, at an average of 23.90 and a strike rate of 108.37. Returning to the T20I side for the first time since January ’22, Tammy scored 52(32) in a warm-up game and can be counted on to carry this form into the series.

Also Read:  List Milestones and Records from England tour of New Zealand in WT20I

Sarah Glenn

The 24-year-old leg-spinner, from 51 T20I outings, has bagged 64 wickets, including the best of 4/23, at an economy rate of 6.10 and can be handy with the bat. Sarah late last year returned figures of 1/25 and 2/13 against India and though finished wicketless in the warm-up game this tour, she’ll be backed to be amongst wickets.

Pitch:

The 22-yard strip at Dunedin University Oval is relatively balanced with an average score in the 130s. While conditions are conducive for batting, the wicket also offers assistance to bowlers, especially spinners, as reflected in the average score.

Weather:

The conditions at Dunedin are forecasted to be clear and pleasant for cricket with minimal chances of rain. The temperature is expected to hover around 12°C, with light winds and humidity at 69%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Amy Jones, Heather Knight, Suzie Bates, Tammy Beaumont, Maia Bouchier, Rosemary Mair, Brooke Halliday, Lauren Bell, Charlie Dean, Sarah Glenn, Fran Jonas

Match details:

Date – March 19, 2024

Time – 5:30 AM IST

Venue – University Oval, Dunedin

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on Amazon Prime Video.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here