England Squad for ODI and T20I Series against New Zealand announced

The England women’s team led by skipper Heather Knight was last involved in a three-match ODI series against Sri Lanka at home. England clinched the ODI series by a 2-1 margin. As far as the T20I format is concerned, they suffered a shocking (2-1) defeat in the T20I series. It was their first bilateral T20I series defeat to a side other than Australia since 2010.

England Squad for ODI and T20I Series against New Zealand announced. PC: Getty
England Squad for ODI and T20I Series against New Zealand announced. PC: Getty

The New Zealand Women’s team led by skipper Sophie Devine on the other hand, suffered a shocking (2-1) defeat in the T20I series at home against Pakistan. It was their maiden T20I series defeat against Pakistan at home. However, New Zealand clinched the ODI series (2-1) against Pakistan.

England have named two separate squads for the T20I series against New Zealand, courtesy of the clashes in schedule between the T20I series and the 2nd edition of the Women’s Premier League.

England squad for the first three T20Is

Hollie Armitage, Tammy Beaumont, Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Charlie Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Lauren Filer, Danielle Gibson, Sarah Glenn, Bess Heath, Amy Jones, Heather Knight (c), and Linsey Smith.

A few England veterans Nat Sciver-Brunt, Sophie Ecclestone, Alice Capsey, and Danni Wyatt will miss the first three matches of the series courtesy of their WPL commitments. However, the experienced quartet will return to the squad for the last couple of T20Is.

England squad for the 4th and the 5th T20I

Tammy Beaumont, Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Alice Capsey, Charlie Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Lauren Filer, Danielle Gibson, Sarah Glenn, Bess Heath, Amy Jones, Heather Knight (c), Nat Sciver-Brunt, and Danielle Wyatt.

Also Read:  Amy Jones and Charlie Dean's 130 Runs partnership guides England to a dramatic win in ODI opener

England squad for the ODI series

Tammy Beaumont, Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Charlie Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Lauren Filer, Danielle Gibson, Sarah Glenn, Bess Heath, Amy Jones, Heather Knight, Nat Sciver-Brunt, and Danielle Wyatt.

The England women’s team led by skipper Heather Knight will visit New Zealand for a white-ball series that includes a five-match T20I series followed by a three-match ODI series. The series will commence on 19th March 2024 and conclude on 7th April 2024. The matches will be played across four venues: Dunedin, Nelson, Wellington, and Hamilton in the country.

England A led by skipper Kirstie Gordon in the T20I format and Grace Scrivens in the ODI format will play a three-match T20 series followed by a three-match One Day series.

England A squad for the T20 and One Day series

Georgia Adams, Hannah Baker, Alice Davidson-Richards, Tash Farrant, Kirstie Gordon © (T20I), Freya Kemp, Emma Lamb, Ryana MacDonald-Gay, Sophie Munro, Grace Potts, Paige Schofield, Grace Scrivens © (One Day), Seren Smale, Rhianna Southby, and Mady Villiers.

OD series

Date Venue Time
23/3/2024 Dunedin 10:00 PM
28/3/2024 Nelson 10:00 PM
30/3/2024 Nelson 10:00 PM

T20 series

Date Venue Time
16/3/2024 Queenstown 12:00 AM
17/3/2024 Queenstown 12:00 AM
20/3/2024 Queenstown 12:00 AM

ODI series

Date Venue Time (IST)