3rd T20I: India vs England | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Two comfortable wins in 2 outings, and England has stunned India, securing the 3-match Twenty20 International (T20I) series. The dead rubber 3rd T20I will be staged at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, on the 10th of December, 2023, at 7:00 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

3rd T20I: India vs England | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads:

India – Harmanpreet Kaur (C), Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Shafali Verma, Deepti Sharma, Yastika Bhatia, Richa Ghosh, Amanjot Kaur, Shreyanka Patil, Mannat Kashyap, Saika Ishaque, Renuka Thakur, Titas Sadhu, Pooja Vastrakar, Kanika Ahuja, Minnu Mani

England – Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Alice Capsey, Charlie Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Mahika Gaur, Danielle Gibson, Sarah Glenn, Bess Heath, Amy Jones, Freya Kemp, Heather Knight (C), Nat Sciver-Brunt, Danielle Wyatt

Players to watch out:

Shafali Verma

The 19-year-old opening batter, in 64 T20I appearances, has amassed 1508 runs, averaging 23.93, striking at 130.11, and has registered her best score of 75. She also has 10 wickets to her name off 17 bowling innings. Shafali, with a mature knock of 52, kicked off the series but departed for a duck in her most recent outing, and it’ll be watched if she can stage a turnaround.

Renuka Thakur

The 27-year-old pacer, in 33 T20I bowling outings, has scalped 36 wickets, maintaining an economy rate of 6.44, and produced the best of 5/15. Renuka, on return from injury, was in brilliant form in the domestic season and has translated the same form into international cricket, registering figures of 3/27 and 2/26. She’ll be banked on to spearhead the attack and make early inroads.

Amy Jones

The 30-year-old keeper-batter, in 77 T20I outings, has accumulated 1355 runs, including the highest of 89, at an average of 21.50 and a strike rate of 122.18. Amy, in the recently concluded Women’s Bash edition, chipped in with cameos consistently and was no different in the opener, scoring 23 off 9 balls. Though Jones departed for 5 in the 2nd T20I, she’ll be backed to spend time in the middle and get back amongst runs.

Also Read:  "Striking Emotional Balance Key for India Ahead of Women's T20 World Cup," says WV Raman

Charlie Dean

The 22-year-old all-rounder, in 15 bowling innings, has claimed 20 wickets, maintaining an economy rate of 6.72 and striking at 110.71 is a handy contributor with the bat. On these subcontinent pitches, expectations were on Charlie to deliver, and she’s done so, registering figures of 2/16 in her only T20I outing. She’s been bowling wonderfully and will be counted on to deliver the goods.

Pitch:

The 22-yard strip at Wankhede Stadium is relatively balanced with an average score in the 130s. While conditions are conducive for batting, the wicket also offers assistance to both pacers and spinners, as reflected in the average score.

Weather:

The conditions at Wankhede Stadium are expected to be pleasant for the game, with clear skies and a minimal chance of rain. The temperature is forecasted to hover around 29°C, with light winds and humidity of 68%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Amy Jones, Richa Ghosh, Harmanpreet Kaur, Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Shafali Verma, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Renuka Thakur, Charlie Dean

Match details:

Date – December 10, 2023

Time – 7:00 PM IST

Venue – Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on Jio Cinema and telecasted on Sports18.

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here